Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever mounted Hella lamps on the front of their CR-V?
Specifically: Hella 500s, 12V/55W Halogen.
I have a set from a previous vehicle and I'm looking to do so.

Wondering if you have any tips, tricks, or advice?

Thanks

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
14,014 Posts
I'm not sure of the configuration of supports behind the plastic bumper. Perhaps you should remove it and look.

Removing the bumper on most Hondas is not too difficult. There are a lot of plastic clips of varying lengths (depending on how many layers of plastic they reach through). Usually there are a couple screws on the front wheel arches.

Once the bumper is removed you should look for a mounting area that is more substantial than just plastic.

·
Registered
522 Posts
If you want to remove the "plastic" front end on the 2014, like Carfuff2 said there are many plastic clips. I have instructions for removal if you need them. Also, there are several U-Tube videos showing the removal. Check on subjects like installing a base plate on the 2014. I think ETrailer also has one. https://www.etrailer.com/Base-Plates/Blue-Ox/BX2258.html. The video made it a lot easier, but it was still work. BTW, the inner steel bumper has been removed in this picture.

Here is a picture showing the removed front end on our 5 day old new to us 2014 CR-v Ex_L. I had to hurry up and do it while Sharon was shopping or she would have had a cow!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Crash Bumper

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD sold
4,142 Posts
You may also find some nudge bars have light mounts built in for exactly your need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.