Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all
This is my very first visit to this forum. I have used similar boards for cars I've owned over time to get ideas and share information. I hope to have the same experience here.
I'm excited to say that I purchased my very first CR-V. Its a 2007 and although its got some miles on it, I am so far really loving it.
I also own a 2016 Honda Civic
Anyways, for now, I just wanted to say hello and I hope to spend more time with all of you.
Thanks !
Rowzman

·
Registered
2007 EX-L Front Wheel Drive with Navigation.
639 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on your 2007. I just love my 2007 EX-L.

Please post pictures. We all love and appreciate seeing each other's CRV's!

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you aboard! 07 in my opinion has a better ride than the previous models it handles more like a car than a truck its more refined. Like what Epona mentioned if you can post pics. Happy Holidays to everyone!

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Welcome! Good choice! I also just bought an '07 a couple of months ago. It's an EX-L with 92k miles on it, but pristine. It's not my first Honda, but is my first CR-V. I love it so far. Let us know your impressions of it.

Here - I'll show you mine, and then you can show me yours!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Alloy wheel

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whew ! Sorry I havent returned as promptly as I usually would. Holidays and all had me rather tied up this time of year but anyway, I am loving my "new" 2007 CRV so far. And now, I am going to try to post a few pics of her to show you all what she looks like.
Thanks to all that have replied so far and I appreciate the warm welcome from you folks !

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Honda Automotive tire

Vehicle Car Automotive exterior City car Compact car

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hehe Oooooo k so I see that I am upside down here and I am not seeing a place to edit my post to try to turn it around. I apologize for this. Hopefully I will get a better grip here real soon.Thanks for your patience Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Honda

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Some time between five and ten posts the edit function will appear. It will be next to the reply button, bottom right of each post.

Very nice! I like that color! I also wish I had those wheels. Mine are 18's and tires are way more expensive, so I'm looking for a set to go back to the stock OEM 17" alloys. I have the fog light kit and the body side moldings, just haven't installed them yet. This is my first CR-V and I do like it. Kind of wanted one for years but needed a truck. But I retired last year and the truck is getting ready to go bye bye, and my eldest granddaughter Sophia got an '05 last year. She loves it, and I kind of got the fever from her and started looking. I really wanted an '06 with a 5-speed, but never did find one, so after six months I gave up and got this Greenie with 92k on it. I like it! It does have a few issues - needs a RF door lock actuator, and I have to repair the driver side mirror, which got broke on my first trip to the grocery store in it. Aargh! In the Spring I will be doing a full audio upgrade and some soundproofing.

Let us know your impressions, and how it's doing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tell ya what, my very first imprerssions and I've never had one of these before has been nothing but all positive from the minute I slid my 58 year old butt into this thing. I really love it so far. I already upgreaded the radio and I'll probably do the speakers when the PA winter breaks. I also got the 1 piece Weathertec mat up front and it fits like a glove. I also had a car starter installed as for me, thats a top priority.
This is a solid vehicle. It's a comfortable ride for a SUV and everything about it feels " not cheap " to me.
Now, if anyone knows, when I turn the key on the headlights are always on in some sort of dim mode. I do think that is a bit odd. I seem to have no option to shut them off at all. ?
I've had leather seats plenty of times before but I never had heated seats before. The wife just loves that feature.
So....it's been really great so far.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BTW here is our other car. It's our 2016 Civic. This has been a real treat too. For the first time in our lives we have 2 nicer vehicles instead of one half decent car and one beater.
I guess we're making headway in this world.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Honda civic Honda

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Those are your daytime running lights. I thought they looked kind of weak, too. I haven't had the occasion to try my heated seats yet. I also have the Weathertec mats, love 'em. My only complaints so far are that the deriver seat back will not adjust vertically straight up enough to suit me - I'm a retired truck driver, used to sitting up straight, and it gives my neck fits. I'll be 68 next week. I'll find a way to solve it, even it I have to put blocks under the rear mounts. It just leans back too far. The other thing is the road noise. Will see in the Spring if new Michelins solves that. If not it will be soundproofing time.

Tell me all about your radio upgrade! What unit did you get and how is it so far? Did you install it? What speakers are you planning to get?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Hi kloker, Beautiful color, I love this glistening green color! Thank you for posting your picture!

The 3rd generation was designed to look sleek and appealing. It sure does that! It totally changed in 2007 with this new design. The second generation has the spare tire on the outside of the tailgate.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Those are your daytime running lights. I thought they looked kind of weak, too. I haven't had the occasion to try my heated seats yet. I also have the Weathertec mats, love 'em. My only complaints so far are that the deriver seat back will not adjust vertically straight up enough to suit me - I'm a retired truck driver, used to sitting up straight, and it gives my neck fits. I'll be 68 next week. I'll find a way to solve it, even it I have to put blocks under the rear mounts. It just leans back too far. The other thing is the road noise. Will see in the Spring if new Michelins solves that. If not it will be soundproofing time.

Tell me all about your radio upgrade! What unit did you get and how is it so far? Did you install it? What speakers are you planning to get?

Larry, I really like the color of your CRV. I also have a 2007 and that 3rd generation had good colors to choose from. Mine is a golden color.

Anyway, I agree with you about the seats. They are scooped back and uncomfortable. I found a hanging cushion that fits perfectly. I found it at Relax The Back, a store that sells cushions for the car, etc. I will see if I can up load a picture for you.

Meanwhile, here is my sweetie named Peggy Sue. She is a 2007 EX-L with talking navigation. I bought her with 63,000 miles in 2013. She now has 117,000 and runs like a top. I have only had to do general maintenance on her so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Larry, I really like the color of your CRV. I also have a 2007 and that 3rd generation had good colors to choose from. Mine is a golden color.

Anyway, I agree with you about the seats. They are scooped back and uncomfortable. I found a hanging cushion that fits perfectly on the driver's side seat. I believe I paid $50.00 for it but it was so worth it. I found it at Relax The Back, a store that sells cushions for the car, etc. I will see if I can up load a picture for you.

Thanks, Epona! I like it too. It's light enough that it does not show dirt that much, or absorb heat like the darker colors, and is fairly rare, around here anyways. Plus it has the light colored interior, important in Texas. Of course, I say that, and I had a bunch of family down the weekend after I got it, and we went out to eat. On the way over we talked about how fairly unique the color was. At the restaurant I ended up parking right beside another identical green CR-V. Luckily, mine was cleaner and looked much nicer. Still, my oldest son thought it was hilarious and laughed a lot. Too much. I didn't think it was all that funny, and told him to stop it, and act his age. After all, he's only 48. Then my youngest son (38) started laughing, and they were having fits, right there in public. I guess you just have to make allowances for kids. You can't shoot 'em. Not legally, anyway.

That seat cushion might be a good idea, I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Thanks, Epona! I like it too. It's light enough that it does not show dirt that much, or absorb heat like the darker colors, and is fairly rare, around here anyways. Plus it has the light colored interior, important in Texas. Of course, I say that, and I had a bunch of family down the weekend after I got it, and we went out to eat. On the way over we talked about how fairly unique the color was. At the restaurant I ended up parking right beside another identical green CR-V. Luckily, mine was cleaner and looked much nicer. Still, my oldest son thought it was hilarious and laughed a lot. Too much. I didn't think it was all that funny, and told him to stop it, and act his age. After all, he's only 48. Then my youngest son (38) started laughing, and they were having fits, right there in public. I guess you just have to make allowances for kids. You can't shoot 'em. Not legally, anyway.

That seat cushion might be a good idea, I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the idea.

Well, howdy to another Texan! I am glad you straighten those boys out. I always think time out plus standing them in the corner a helpful approach myself.

I agree about the colors needing to be light as well as the interior living in Texas. It certainly makes a difference in the hotter months.

Yes, I see those lovely green tea CRV's here and there. Popular color. Also, I see 1st and 2nd generation CRV's on the roads. It shows that these CRV's can go the long distance. The car I drove before I bought my CRV was a blue Chevy Nova 1977. I bought that car brand new in November of 1977. Finally after driving that baby for 38 years, I bought Peggy Sue (my CRV). That Nova had 568,000 miles on it. I sold it and it was like selling my best friend. I loved that car. I could tell you many stories. It never broke down unless I was in a safe and convenient area. I still miss that sweet Chevy.

I am trying to upload that picture of the hanging cushion on the seat. For some reason it won't download. But I beleive I can show you my 1977 Nova.

Attachments

·
Registered
639 Posts
Hehe Oooooo k so I see that I am upside down here and I am not seeing a place to edit my post to try to turn it around. I apologize for this. Hopefully I will get a better grip here real soon.Thanks for your patience View attachment 127747

Another beautiful CRV color! Honda had some beautiful colors to chose from for the 3rd generation. I bought my 2007 CRV with 63,000 in 2013. I have not been that excited about anything for quite a long time. She just fell into my lap since I bought her from a neighbor. It was quite unexpected! She now has 116,000 is runs well. I had my last car for 38 years before I purchased my CRV. So, my thought is that this CRV will hopefully last as long. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Well, that Nova is pretty interesting! I had a '75 2-door with a six-banger and a 3-speed manual on the column. Drove that thing for several years, and it rarely broke down. I was pretty pore at the time. It was old and beat up when I got it, but it took good care of me. It was dark red, with a bench seat. Just a plain old car, but it ran good. I think I gave $500 for it and had to put a clutch in it, another $100, then drove it for about 3 years or so. I have a neighbor right now that has a tan one like yours, which is like new. He drives it to work every day. It is pristine. I think you got your money's worth out of that car! I hope to do the same with this CR-V, which will hopefully be my last car, as I am retired now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I went with a basic double din Kenwood. It has the voice command so along with my Apple phone it does everything I want it to do. I use flash drives a lot and a lot of these new touch screen radios dont have the slot on the front to plug them into. I tell ya ,technology moves ahead faster than I can keep up with.

ps I did mean to tell ya, I too like that shade of green your CRV has. Sharp !

Vehicle audio Electronics Technology Electronic device Satellite radio

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here is a pic of our other Honda. It's a 2016 Civic Black on black. We love this baby but for me I have a heck of a time getting in and out of it. Once my old butt is in it though, its a nice ride.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sedan Mid-size car

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Thanks, I like the green more every day. When I sold my Army green Jeep I swore I'd never own another green car, until I saw this one. Oh, well. Never say never. I like the black Civic. My brother had a black 2012 2-door, sweet little car, but I had a hard time getting in it, too. He has a Camry now. It's bigger, but not much easier to get in and out of.

On the Kenwood, how would you grade the sound improvement so far? I will be going with a Kenwood, but I want a full 7" touchscreen that allows me to scroll through my music quickly and easily with my finger. Heck, I can do that on my phone and my Fire HD Ten tablet, why is it so much to ask for these head units to do it? Geez. Also, I use an Android phone, and will never own an iPhone - my brother has one and it constantly breaks. The battery swole up on it last summer. It caught on fire when I took it out! Besides, my HTC Ten was the top Android phone when I got it last year. It has a 200gb microSD card, and easily stores the music. I just want a larger screen for safety while driving. And better sound, of course. I really like your head unit, as it has knobs and buttons similar to OEM units, I just wish they would make one that also had a touchscreen, but I guess you can't have both. It's like looking for a woman but wanting a sane and happy one. You just can't have both.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.