Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the owner of a brand new Honda CRV-EXL (only 50miles!) After much research we had narrowed it down to the CR-V and the Subaru Forester. In the end we picked the CR-V because the large cargo area and keyless entry (which the Forester didn't have at the trim we were looking at). I love everything about my CRV EXCEPT on my drive home my back started to hurt and by the time I got home (30 mins later) it was in excruciating pain. I'm only 27 and have never experienced back pain in my life. It took 2 days of not driving the car for the pain to subside. Then today I drove it again (less than 5 minutes) and the pain is back. I can't believe I spent just shy of $30,000 on a car I can't drive. I'm desperate for suggestions on how to fix this because I will need to be driving this for the next 10 years!!!!

·
Registered
2013 CRV EX FWD
2,879 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Keep messing with the seat to find a different seating position. Otherwise, you may want to look into a cushion. Use the search bar in the top right hand corner and you'll find numerous threads about this topic. Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I will. I'm crossing my fingers it's just an adjustment period but I've really never experienced anything like it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
You're a young guy - so it's a little unusual for you to have this degree of back pain, as you implied in your original post. However, it's not totally unheard of either...
That said, there are a few relevant questions - 1) have you had any recent trauma or injury to your back? 2) have you been lifting heavy objects by bending over to get them (as opposed to say squatting down first, grabbing it close to your chest and then standing up with it. 3) does the pain seem to "go" anywhere? i.e. travel down your leg? It sounds like your back was in a funky position it wasn't used to on the drive home. Sometimes, holding a certain position for too long will exacerbate any weakness in your discs... I'm hoping it's just a musculoskeletal thing and not the beginning of a disc herniation. Worst case, go see your primary doctor for more advice / help.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,577 Posts
I found it takes a little while to find the best position for the seat on any car I use.
While it's possible your pulled a muscle etc doing something else, get back in and start fiddling again with seat positions etc.
fwiw I have a friend who gets every seat modified to suit her back issue.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I had major lower back surgery over 50 yrs ago. When I bought my '13, I drove it home 150 miles !! When I got home, I had a numb leg and hurt like mad !! Several weeks later of low mileage trips, things got better and as Rocky said, your body does adjust to the situation. If you spend time searching the site for seat-related posts, you'll find plenty. Suffice it to say, the CR-V seats are not an area of strength for most here - me included !! Maybe try a gel cushion if things don't improve. Good luck. Craig

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.