Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2012 CRV EX-L. I am trying to customize my settings and I get a message "settings cannot be retrieved. please try again." Does anyone have any idea what the issue is? I have tried disconnecting the battery and that did not work. Some settings work and others don't. Please help!

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Custom Settings Issues

Please help! I just purchased a 2012 CRV EX-L. I am trying to customize my settings and I get a message "settings can’t be retrieved. please try again." Does anyone have any idea what the issue is? I have tried disconnecting the battery and that did not work. Some settings work and others don't.

· Registered
'12 Honda CR-V LX
54 Posts
Check this thread:
https://www.crvownersclub.com/forum...-l-4x4-cant-enter-certain-settings-i-mid.html
It sounds like the CANbus communications between iMid and Audio unit are OK, but the CANbus communications to the main computer are not working.

It could simply be that something is unplugged.

Maybe someone had a radio upgrade and when they switched back to the factory radio, they forgot to plug in one of the cables?

I would start by taking the radio out and checking all connections on back. Then do the same for the iMid unit.

· Registered
18 Posts
Hi,
My 2014 EXL with Nav acted like that a few times. I started the engine and then it retrieved the information with the motor running, everything worked fine. I guess it corrected itself because it has not done it any more. Maybe that is worth a try?

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info...I will keep trying. I am going to talk to my sales person and see if they will at least diagnose it for me since I just got it. All they can say is no. IMO it is worth a try.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.