Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined the Honda Owners Club. Hello! I wished I'd known this forum a long time ago.

I am a Florida local, past owner of Honda Accord and now owns a 2005 Honda CR-V. I love my SUV and plan on keeping it until it stops working but I started having major issues since last year. It currently has about 105,000 miles but had to replace the transmission last year costing me a lot of money. Just had it serviced last week and was given more bad news. I was told that I need both control arms replaced for $650 and a new CV drive shaft replaced for $250. Down the road I also need a new rack and pinion for another $900. Are those costs, both part and labor really worth that much? Should I just get an almost new CR-V or Accord? Thanks for all your feedback.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I just joined the Honda Owners Club. Hello! I wished I'd known this forum a long time ago.

I am a Florida local, past owner of Honda Accord and now owns a 2005 Honda CR-V. I love my SUV and plan on keeping it until it stops working but I started having major issues since last year. It currently has about 105,000 miles but had to replace the transmission last year costing me a lot of money. Just had it serviced last week and was given more bad news. I was told that I need both control arms replaced for $650 and a new CV drive shaft replaced for $250. Down the road I also need a new rack and pinion for another $900. Are those costs, both part and labor really worth that much? Should I just get an almost new CR-V or Accord? Thanks for all your feedback.
That sounds like normal costs from the dealership. You should try a local mechanic shop and see how much they would charge.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Welcome to the CRV forum. A great source for info and help. You input is valuable too.

Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That sounds like normal costs from the dealership. You should try a local mechanic shop and see how much they would charge.
Thanks! I will definitely look around. I checked the prices of the parts and it's 1/3 the cost of what the dealer is charging me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts