Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, thanks for letting me join your forum.

I've just sourced a car for my daughter using her money (always more of a responsibility than when spending your own ;)).

We have a 2nd gen CR-V from 2006 (a 56 plate here in the UK). It's the 2.2 diesel Executive spec and it has ~105K miles on the clock.
I looked at seven cars at or just above the budget (of £4K) and this was by far the best with a few minor paintwork scuffs but no wear inside at all - even on the driver's leathers.

I'm doing a few jobs before I hand it over - the first was to remove the idler pulley and fit the re-routed serpentine belt. The second has been to investigate a steering judder under heavy-ish braking. The front pads are good but both bottom calliper pins were stuck. So I've sourced a kit with new ones and boots and new screws and I've also found a kit with new anti rattle springs so that's going on too.

I hope that when I get that finished (next chance is Tuesday) that it will be the cure.

Whilst disassembling I noticed the offside balljoint boot was split so I have a new boot (gen Honda) and have just opened the joint but messed-up the castle bits on the nut (so that will be replaced on Tuesday too).

We're really happy with the shape of the car and it's flexibility.Just starting to find my way around the forum.

PS I drive a Land Rover Defender 300TDi and so I'm used to great forums and readily available parts and manuals. I've not found any part diagrams except on Lingshonda but their parts numbers are only partially useful.

Anyway, Hello!!

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure your daughter is going to love driving the V. Post some pics when you can.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts