Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Dan, and have been a "Honda guy" for over 30 years. I was leasing a '17 Civic EX-L, and really liking the car a lot, when my work situation changed. Now, my commute each way to work is 1.8 miles, so the thought of turning my Civic in being way under mileage didn't much appeal to me. I've always liked the thought of a CR-V, as my driveway is as steep as they come, and getting up it in the Civic after even just a light sprinkling of snow often required a running start, and crossed fingers to make it to the top. Why I never bought a CR-V in the past, quite frankly, is that I really didn't like the styling of it. The C-pillar kink really did not appeal to me. Enter the newly redesigned '17, and we have a whole new ballgame.

I kept my eyes open for a lease returned Touring, as I figured purchasing it now makes a lot more sense than leasing it. I found one, and the dealer was willing to give me enough of a trade-in value on the Civic where I could stomach the negative equity. So I am the proud owner of a '17, with about 19k miles on it. Dark gray with a light gray interior. I'll probably put about 2 - 3k miles per year.

I am loving the AWD, and I dressed it up for dog hauling duty, with the cargo liner, a barrier between the front seats, and rear door protectors, so my 4 dogs are much more comfortable now. Imagine, 4 dogs in a Civic!

·
Registered
6 Posts
My name is Dan, and have been a "Honda guy" for over 30 years. I was leasing a '17 Civic EX-L, and really liking the car a lot, when my work situation changed. Now, my commute each way to work is 1.8 miles, so the thought of turning my Civic in being way under mileage didn't much appeal to me. I've always liked the thought of a CR-V, as my driveway is as steep as they come, and getting up it in the Civic after even just a light sprinkling of snow often required a running start, and crossed fingers to make it to the top. Why I never bought a CR-V in the past, quite frankly, is that I really didn't like the styling of it. The C-pillar kink really did not appeal to me. Enter the newly redesigned '17, and we have a whole new ballgame.

I kept my eyes open for a lease returned Touring, as I figured purchasing it now makes a lot more sense than leasing it. I found one, and the dealer was willing to give me enough of a trade-in value on the Civic where I could stomach the negative equity. So I am the proud owner of a '17, with about 19k miles on it. Dark gray with a light gray interior. I'll probably put about 2 - 3k miles per year.

I am loving the AWD, and I dressed it up for dog hauling duty, with the cargo liner, a barrier between the front seats, and rear door protectors, so my 4 dogs are much more comfortable now. Imagine, 4 dogs in a Civic!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
What I meant to say before whatever happened above, is welcome to the happy CR-V crew!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.