Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just found the forum. I purchased a 2014 Honda crv ex-L awd model from Luther Hopkins Honda about a month ago. My salesperson was Vern Pettis who I have a lot of respect for. He did a great job. Car has just over 1200 miles. Hasn't touched any snow yet- guess I will have to wait till next year. :)

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Welcome and congrats. Best of luck with your new V. Plan on accessorizing it at all?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Asking the wrong person :D I've thrown quite a few things on it. My favorite being the tailgate spoiler. I like how it finishes off the rear. But accessories are personal preference.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I'm from NJ and we had a pretty bad winter for these parts so yes, AWD performed very well this past year. It's not an overall heavy vehicle so you still need to be careful, but I never got stuck in any amount of snow.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Welcome. Formerly from MLPS myself. But now residing in a better climate.

Should be back up there in July, when the weather is better. Granted, no snow and cold but tons of mosquitos and humidity. Where I'm at now, I don't deal with any of that.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Couldn't hurt to use winter tires, yes even with AWD with the snow/ice you get in Minnesota! If you love what AWD can do in the winter, it's twice as nice with the winter tires.

I absolutely love pulling away from an intersection and looking back in my rearview mirror at people still spinning and sliding and wondering how I do that!

Another thing is if you find the speakers aren't "quite up to snuff", to just replace the tweeters for a world of difference on the cheap!

Oh and welcome!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.