Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to buy a 2020 CRV EX L , trying to decide between black with light grey leather interior or white with black leather interior. Tough choice since I like both, anyone have either of these combinations ? Other thing is price difference since the cars are at two different dealers. Trying to compare apples to apples, cars are the same except black one has Finishing Touch pkg ( paint & interior protection). I know the paint & interior pkg is just another way to pad the price. Both cars have pro pac and dealer installed window tint. Anyway I have an out the door price of $30,500.00 on the black one, $30,850.00 out the door on the white one. I tried to get the dealer to do a price match but he declined and let me walk. This is an easy deal, cash with no trade. Anyone else recently made a purchase like this ? Thanks for your comments.

·
Registered
2016 CR-V EX-L
164 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. What kind of car owner are you? That will help in making the decision regarding the color choices as you have both ends of the spectrum when you start comparing black versus white. The white will not show dirt to the same extent. The black will look awesome shortly after washing/detailing but it will show dust and road grime that wouldn't be seen on the lighter color. So, if it matters what the vehicle looks like you will need to be willing to spend more time washing/detailing if you select a darker color.

The other consideration was already noted and that is the fact that summers here in Missouri tend to be a bit warm.

Best wishes with your decision and future purchase!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the Forum. What kind of car owner are you? That will help in making the decision regarding the color choices as you have both ends of the spectrum when you start comparing black versus white. The white will not show dirt to the same extent. The black will look awesome shortly after washing/detailing but it will show dust and road grime that wouldn't be seen on the lighter color. So, if it matters what the vehicle looks like you will need to be willing to spend more time washing/detailing if you select a darker color.

The other consideration was already noted and that is the fact that summers here in Missouri tend to be a bit warm.

Best wishes with your decision and future purchase!
We decided on white with black leather, due in about June 10th. Looking forward to getting it and sharing information on the forum. Thanks for your comments.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would have went with aegeon blue. Amazing in person!
I really like the blue and I did see it in person. If I was going to just keep the car 4 or 5 years probably would have went with it. I usually buy new and then keep the car 15 to 20 years. I'm afraid I would have gotten tired of the blue long term.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts