Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello good people of the CR-V forum, I've been lurking around as a guest for a couple of weeks now, picking up snippets of information..
Anyway I have got myself a generation 1 CR-V, as it was cheaper than buying a set of wheels and winter tyres for my Jaguar! I also own an 87 Trans Am, a Suzuki Hayabusa and the good Lady GMad has a Smart Roadster. So the household was lacking somewhat in the practical vehicle department.
Enter the new (to me) Honda.
I've done a few jobs to it already the first one being throwing away the badly corroded and distorted bonnet catch. It now has rally car style, quick release bonnet pins.
The second job was that old chestnut, the drivers side electric window wasn't working! So I removed it, prised the push on cover off the motor, cleaned it all out, lubricated it and hey presto I now have a fully functional window.
Then it was time to address the very tired leather seats, which were badly split and generally in a poor state. I could do nothing with them, so embarked on the major job of fitting a black leather interior (just front and rear seats) from a second generation CR-V. Not an easy job, but satisfying now that it's done.
That's all I've done to it so far, although I have a tow bar that I want to fit before Christmas.
So there you go people, that's me, a man at his happiest with a spanner in his hand..

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Great story. Hope you have a good look at all the fluids. Should be nothing for you!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah first thing I did was to check all fluids and fortunately the previous owner was a retired gentleman, who had religiously had it serviced, by Honda. So it is in fact a one previous owner car with a full service history.
It is considerably less complicated than my Jaguar and not made of aluminium, so I'm pretty confident that nothing is going to phase me!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a quicky, I've fitted a set of HR-V 16" wheels to it now. Oh and a towbar with single electrics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts