Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
Has anyone come up with a reliable DIY solution to attaching Yakima (round) bars to their 2005-ish CR-V without buying Skyline Towers & LandingPads?
By the way, I like quality stuff, but I'm cheap—I got all my Yakima stuff (even my bikes) off Craigslist.

My family has converted from Nissan to Honda—first with my wife going from a couple of Altimas over the years to an Odyssey (yep—kids).
Now I've gone from an Xterra to a CR-V.
I do some occasional mountain biking, and I have a Yakima DoubleDown bike hitch rack, but no tow hitch receiver (Xterra had one, Vee doesn't).
I also have two Yakima Lockjaw bike mounts & cross bars, supported by Lowrider towers (all of which I took off the roof of my Xterra).
But the Vee only has "roof garnish"/side rails. It didn't come with cross bars (or a tow hitch receiver), so I'm in need of a way to carry bikes.
I'll probably eventually get a tow hitch receiver, but I'd use a roof rack way more often—for hauling boards/lumber/gas cans, in addition to the occasional bike.
If anyone feels generous and wants to get rid of their roof rack cross bars, I'll gladly take them off your hands.

Weston

FullSizeRender.jpg

·
Registered
171 Posts
Keep watching Craigslist, occasionally the factory bars show up in the Atlanta area. Also, do online searches of area junkyards. You will find a set eventually if you really want them. With that said, the factory bars have rather a low weight rating that in your situation I would invest in a set of adapters to fit the roof bars and bike rack you already own if they are 50" bars.

BTW, here are a couple of nice accessories, including a rear cover in your color, if you need them. Not sure where your are in NW Georgia so I don't know if they would be close enough. After sitting online for 19 days, I bet they would be ready to come down on the price.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/pts/5697105543.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts