Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined the Honda Ownersclub. Hello to everybody.

In 2007 I lived in Mexico. There I bought a Honda CR-V Executive in March 2007. In May 2008 I took this car to The Netherlands. There I enjoyed driving this car until August 2014. Then the interior heting stopped functioning. My Dutch Honda dealer could not fix the problem. Apparently the heating system of this Mexican car, which has been assembled in Japan, was differente from European models. The Honda organizations of Mexico and Europe could not exchange the right technical data to enable my Duthc Honda delaer to repair the heating system.
In October 2015 we decided to by a new Honda CR-V Lifestyle AT, to have a comfortable car with a properly functioning heating.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you aboard. Pics? Usually the Mexican models are closely spec to the North American model. Happy Motoring! How do you like the CVT tranny?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't exactly understand what you mean by the term "cvt tranny" in a CR-V with automatic transmission. However, I can say that the AT in my 2015 CR-V operates moer "smoothly" than the one in the 2007 version.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I don't exactly understand what you mean by the term "cvt tranny" in a CR-V with automatic transmission. However, I can say that the AT in my 2015 CR-V operates moer "smoothly" than the one in the 2007 version.
North American CRVs are equipped with a continuously-variable transmission (CVT) that doesn't have traditional gears, but operates with a theoretically infinite number of ratios between two points using two expanding/contracting drums connected with a steel "belt". Don't know if it is also used in European versions. "Shifts" in this transmission are generally imperceptible and it allows the engine revs to be optimally matched to road speed and throttle opening.

DAF was a CVT pioneer many years ago.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Welcome and glad you found the CRV forum. Your input is important too!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts