Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2016 EX-L (hers) '03 Crown Vic (mine-collecting dust)
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day everyone, I hope all is well and that you can stay out of the heat. My wife and I are proud to be owners of a new-to-us 2016 CR-V. We've had it for about 8 months now, and couldn't be happier. We purchased the car in Waco, TX, from a dealer I won't recommend (that's another story). The car has been from Austin to the middle of Arkansas 3 times, a few times to San Antonio, and have had exactly zero issues. I will probably get rid of my '03 Crown Vic soon (even though I love it), and get a CR-V for myself. More fun to drive than the Vic, better mileage of course, and holds ALL the evidence without blocking my view! Sorry, I meant to say 'cargo'. ;)

Looking forward to learning and contributing!

Rodman

Reactions: Epona

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
8,771 Posts
LOL, WELCOME!

Reactions: DealerMan

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:cool:

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
3,549 Posts
Welcome! I'm in Pflugerville/Austin.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I would love myself a nice Crown Vic.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do love my not-a-cop-car Vic. It's been a fantastic car, but it has a few well-known problems: blend door knock-a-thon, peeling clear coat, and a failing COP module. I might tackle the blend door issue soon (I do have a replacement), but I'm not looking forward to wrestling the dash. CrownVic.net has a number of posts to get the blend door out of there without totally removing the dash, but it will still be a pain in the rear. Some say it should only take 2-3 hours (yeah, right). I'm capable, but there have been times my karma takes a beating. Replacing the self-destructing intake manifold because of the coolant leak that develops was no fun. Oh well, I got it done, and saved I don't know how much $$ doing it instead of taking it to a shop. mrtn, it's for sale if you're interested... lol

·
Registered
845 Posts
mrtn, it's for sale if you're interested... lol
Haa, thanks! Importing it from the other side of the world feels like a bit of a hassle tho :)

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
3,549 Posts
I never had a Crown Vic but I did once have a Caprice ex-police interceptor. It was fast, too, and got exactly one tank of fuel per quart of oil. But the A/C was ice cold, the trans worked great, and the tires were bulletproof. I only played blues music in it, and always wore shades, even at night. :cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haa, thanks! Importing it from the other side of the world feels like a bit of a hassle tho :)
LOL I see said the blind man. I should pay attention to the flags!

I never had a Crown Vic but I did once have a Caprice ex-police interceptor. It was fast, too, and got exactly one tank of fuel per quart of oil. But the A/C was ice cold, the trans worked great, and the tires were bulletproof. I only played blues music in it, and always wore shades, even at night. :cool:
Yes, the Caprice was a very capable interceptor. I wonder which cruiser would hold more 'evidence' in the trunk? LOL

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
3,549 Posts
Yup - the trunks on these cars were big enough to hold several bodies (depending on how you stacked them). :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts