Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all CR-V owners. I really wanted to enroll in this forum to try and find the factory books that came with the 2001 model. Owners manual and such. Come to find out after all the security features I had to go through just to get registered, I now find I have to have so many post to gain 'permission' to advertise for the books. :mad: Not knowing what that number is, I'll probably not be hanging around very long so this may be a short hello and a long goodbye. Since I bought the vehicle for my grandaughter and her son, I thought the books would help her familiarize herself with the operational features of the CR-V. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
you can still ask where to get them, you just cannot post in the trading post section until you have a certain number of posts.
The OP isn't selling anything - they are seeking. That's a rather dumb policy for this forum. I agree with the OP. I myself am looking for a seller of a CR V but if this is the type of reception noobies receive, then I may be saying goodbye myself

·
Premium Member
3,658 Posts
The OP isn't selling anything - they are seeking. That's a rather dumb policy for this forum. I agree with the OP. I myself am looking for a seller of a CR V but if this is the type of reception noobies receive, then I may be saying goodbye myself

The reason the policy was changed for the CRVOC, EOC and ROC was that recently we had a run of new "members" that were signing up and creating five "garbage" posts to make it to the minimum number to qualify for the trading post. They had no intentions on being regular contributing members of the forum. They were just using us to sell there stuff. We were able to track the posters to other forums to back up our suspicions. We are not trying to make it difficult for new members. New members can still ask where there can get something.....They just can't show up throw up a few posts and go right to selling.

We looked at other forums policies and one well know Civic forums policy is that you need to have 50 posts and be a member for at least 45 days. Our new policy is more than fair and we would hope that our membership as a whole can respect the fact that the changes we have made are for the benifit of the forum as a whole.

I am a mod at the EOC as well and if i have to spend half my online time cleaning up "garbage" type posts ans spam that is less time i can spending helping other members.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Yeah, if you're just here to sell, forget it, go to Craigslist or Ebay. You can ask on where to find stuff, but not in the trading post. The programming of the forums is not setup to notice weather you are buying or selling before 5, it just knows where you're posting. Also, I doubt this is even the best place to buy a Cr-v.;) Maybe Cr-v stuff.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
You can ask on where to find stuff, but not in the trading post.
my point exactly. as stated above policy stands as is. In the time it took you to start a thread disagreeing with out forum policies you could have simply started a thread asking where to buy a factory manual you know? the trading post is for selling and buying, not to ask where to find a certain item. if you start a thread asking where to find a manual im sure you will get several answers, you just cannot ask that question in the trading post.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've only been on this forum for a few months - but check it daily. I find the exchanges of information extremely beneficial and engaging. I have learned alot and appreciate the expertise that is shared. I agree that Craig's List and Ebay are more appropriate places to sell.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think its a good idea. This is an idea/experience/hard knocks kind of forum, not craigslist/ebay/garage or yard sale type of place. As a very wise philosopher one said: "a man's got to know his limitations". And here, I can figure out approximately what those are before I have the CRV half apart and the auto supply store is closing in 20 minutes!

BTW, that wise philosopher's words can be found: Callahan, H., Book II of the Wisdom of Inspector Callahan, also known as Magnum Force.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.