Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Names RandomHero, from San Antonio. I joined this forum because my parents just recently purchased a 2012 CRV, and im the forum guy that usually diagnoses and fixes any car problems in the family, so i figured id join and get the intro out of the way, so as to not just be a lurker.

Like i said, my parents bought a CRV, i myself have never owned any Hondas, i did however try to get into a CRV myself a few months back, but im too upside down in my current SUV to make that possible (07 Mitsu Endeavor). The Endeavor is my people/cargo hauler. It has tons of room and has a tow hitch i use for the 4 bike Yakima Ace rack. My fun car is a "daily drifter" its a 98 BMW 328is.

Anyway, hope to learn some stuff while im here and if anything goes wrong, i may be here to ask questions on how to fix it.

on a side note: is there any 2" receiver tow hitches that will work on the 2012 CRV that anyone can recommend? the bike rack works with 2" and 1-1/4" receivers, but i dont know if it is recommended to carry 4 bikes with the 1-1/4" receiver.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Welcome! You can find a Curt 2" bolt on hitch on Amazon for a 2012. I think it's in the $130 range. I bought a Curt 2" receiver for my 2007 CR-V and it's been great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome! You can find a Curt 2" bolt on hitch on Amazon for a 2012. I think it's in the $130 range. I bought a Curt 2" receiver for my 2007 CR-V and it's been great.
sweet! i have a CURT on my Endeavor currently, i checked out their model for the CRV and was hoping it was "well received" around these parts. looks like it is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts