Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just bought a new to me 98 CRV. It's a 5spd manual with 160,000. The last owner said it needs an O2 Sensor and there is an exhaust leak in front, which I can smell when driving. It's a small pin hole. Nothing else is wrong with it except passenger window motor looks like it's about to die. It's slow to go down and up. I know I have to change oil and all the filters, the clutch had already been changed. What else should I do to make sure I can drive this CRV for a long time to come?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also My engine idles at about 1500-1700 rpms I know this can't be normal, right? Even for a little 4cyl.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you aboard! Does it idle this hight when it's cold? Is the Check Engine Light on? Most likely the flex pipe is gone. To prolong the life of the vehicle. I would suggest to change all of the fluid. Be very careful about the manual transmission fluid on Hondas be sure you use the recommended fluid, not Gear Oil. As Honda uses a different MTF on their Manual tranny.

·
Registered
123 Posts
There is a whole lot you can do but it depends on what has already been done by the prior owner and it would certainly help suggest things-to-do if you posted them. You'll get a litany of recommendations from members who won't know if what they suggest has been done or needs to be done. Without knowing what has been done my only recommendation would be to check and replace the cabin filter and I only suggest that because it is so damn hard to get to and generally hasn't been changed due to that. Help us out with prior owner list if available, otherwise you will get a lot of advice you may not need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts