Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 or 2014 Used: Which One???

Hello. New member. I have narrowed to 2 CR-Vs. Both are very similarly equipped AWD, EX-L models.

1. 2013 23,500 miles. Asking 17, 200 with trade. Excellent condition. No warranty. I would have to purchase anything extended. (Don't know about this. Have never done it.)
Would have to service it at another place since I am over 200 miles away from the dealer. This vehicle is really in good shape!

2. 2014 30,500 miles. Asking 18,400. Excellent condition. Basic used car dealer warranty, Plus 3 year drive train remaining. I am familiar with the dealer. Would service it at dealership.

My mind is like mush on this after dealing with it for a week.

Any constructive thoughts???? Appreciate it.

(Ignore all sp errors, please. Too long a day to worry)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I seem to the "Bug" and cannot decide whether I should go for the '13 or the '14. Posted in the Shoppin' and Test Driving. Any help/thoughts appreciated.

Take Care, everyone.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Buy the newest that you can afford. Be certain that you love it!

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Is that $18,4 including your car being traded in? What is the vehicle being traded in worth? Whats asking price of the 1st vehicle without trade?

No need to make seperate threads 22 minutes apart. The other has no info.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Looking at the 2 cars alone w/o trade, it appears the price spread is the same as it was last year when I shopped for used CR-Vs - $1000-1500/year. I ended up with a '13 with 21,000 miles from a private party. If you buy the '13, it still has at least 2 years left on a 5 year power train warranty. If you put faith in Consumer Reports, they prefer slightly the reliability of the '13 over the '14. I'd check the recall/TSB main Forum thread for recalls and TSB's that pertain to your vehicles. If you're a techie, you might be underwhelmed by the tech pkg - I'd test them out thoroughly. You can take the car to any dealer you want to use so no problem there. Personally, maintenance by previous owners would be paramount to me. Good l;uck. Craig

1 - 6 of 6 Posts