Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I married into a red 2012 CR-V EX-L AWD and it's been really good to my wife and I. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it handled a really icy/snowy storm on our wedding night. When we saw cars and even some 4X4 trucks in the ditch, we were nervous, but this little truck handled it just fine. My insurance company classifies this SUV as a van, but I still call it a truck, and my wife calls it a car lol.

I currently drive a Mustang GT, but I plan on getting a new CR-V Touring AWD since the winters aren't the best here. Ever since I've been driving my wife's CR-V, I have to say that I like them. No... they aren't race cars lol, but it gets us through the snow drift covered gravel roads -- just gotta give it some gas to get the AWD to really dig in.

So, yeah, I am happy with the CR-V.

Reactions: Epona

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, most SUVs are car based nowadays. There aren't many truck based SUVs out there anymore. I just thought it was interesting that the insurance company classifies it as a van lol. I still call it a truck since it is taller, heavier, and has more utility capability than a sedan ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts