Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the best modification upgrades for a 2015 Honda CR-V? I am bored at home and to keep myself busy I decided to work on this car.

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
3,549 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Moved to Gen 4 section, as vehicle-related posts are not allowed in this section.

Reactions: jbuenavides

·
Registered
918 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Guess mods depends what you want to do.
Lighting, suspension, cosmetic, sound, etc.

Don't think there are much if any performance mods to do.

·
Registered
2013 Honda CR-V EX-L Navi FWD
23 Posts
Just got mine... Gonna be busy this weekend =)

Crossbars
Hood Visor
Door Visor
Horn upgrade high and low

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L FWD
282 Posts
"What are the best modification upgrades for a 2015 Honda CR-V? I am bored at home and to keep myself busy I decided to work on this car."

If necessary I'd add some heavy floor mats, OEM or aftermarket.
For roof top storage you'll need rails and crossbars.
For towing a hitch and wiring; and a brake controller if your trailer has brakes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Get the interior LED package from Precision LED. They are expensive but put out a heck of a lot more light than the dim original interior bulbs. With the original I could not see or find stuff on the floor at night. With the up-grade there is no problem seeing stuff on the floor or any where in the vehicle. At the price these 4 LED bulbs cost if I ever get rid of the vehicle I will put the original bulbs back in and put the LED's in the next vehicle. At least quality LED bulbs last a long time. Precision LED sends for free some plastic tools with the LED's to use to remove the bulb covers. At there prices they should be (and are) for free. These LED make a huge difference.

·
Registered
26 Posts
BTW, please post information on what horns you used to upgrade, including part numbers, and where you got them, and how much louder they are than the wimpy originals?

·
Registered
8 Posts
order some prime sound deadening and get to work
Highly recommended!

Oh: I've already covered all doors, trunk and tailgate with stp black gold and stp splen 08.
Final touch would be to find time and advance to floor and perhaps even roof. That roof is still a little bit of questions since the lining looks rather difficult to open due to airbags.

p.s. greetings from Finland!

·
Registered
185 Posts
For me for the 2015 CRV, I'd focus more on safety improvements and less on "cosmetics". For example:
  • Covert its front fog lights to 12 gauge parallel wiring - so they can be turned on with its factory High Beams. This also allows both long distance and short distance lighting safety improvements. IMO, this should be factory build.
  • Replace its factory front Halogen light bulbs with LED bulb lights. Converting Low beams to LEDs is dramatic lighting safety improvement. Note: After LED install, always re-adjust their aim and have driver's side aim a little lower - due to natural crown shape (for water / melting ice run off) of many paved roads.
  • Install Rain/Water deflector shields on its front door windows. This allows its front windows down 1" during hot temp days. Especially if your CRV has black interior. Ouch!
  • Install front push bar above its front bumper. Its real name during Google search is called "bull bar". And yes, my wife tells me the Push Bar works great. Ouch!
  • Install extra rear RED LED lights under its rear bumper area. Some folks in Europe call these "rear" fog lights. I call them a factory mandatory build fix.
  • Install universal rear coil spring inserts - to firm up its rear suspension. Especially if you often load its trunk and/or rear seats with passengers. For me, I used size "C" and they work great.
  • If living in snow region, install 20 mm on front and 30 mm suspension "spacer blocks" on its front and rear suspension. Then, get a wheel alignment afterwards. This will raise your CRV 1.25" -> 1.5" or so. Doesn't sound like much but its higher ground height is better for deep snow and gentle on one's bad back (like my bad back).
If wondering, I did all above to my wife's 2014 AWD CRV and she loves the improvements. Especially the lighting improvement and slightly higher off the ground improvements. And, she loves the front "push bar" as well. Happy wife = happy life....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts