Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am a CR-V Owner from Ohio. I own a 2002 CR-V EX AWD, which we purchased brand new in 2002. It has been an extremely reliable vehicle over the past 13 years and I plan to keep it for many more years (so long as it continues to run well). I have decided to join this forum because at 13 years, my car is getting to the age where it needs some minor repairs done in order to keep it looking nice and in good shape and I would love to receive some helpful advice on performing these repairs on my own.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Welcome to the forum. After 13 yrs, you've done something right to get that kind of service, which a Honda is noted for. If you haven't already done so, you might consider full synthetic oil, not just a blend. There are many brands available, myself I like 5w30 Mobil 1, and use a Denso filter which has a silicone check valve. Good luck and jump in often.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum. After 13 yrs, you've done something right to get that kind of service, which a Honda is noted for. If you haven't already done so, you might consider full synthetic oil, not just a blend. There are many brands available, myself I like 5w30 Mobil 1, and use a Denso filter which has a silicone check valve. Good luck and jump in often.
thanks for the advice, it's funny you should mention oil. I recently discovered that it is leaking oil (at a pretty good rate too). It started after it got some work done on the sir conditioner, so I'm thinking the mechanics must have moved something around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts