Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
Please help as I am £££ broke LOL !

Driving as normal today when EMU warning light came on and from that moment the car is limited to about 2800 rpm, apart from that all good???
Any ideas on whats going on??

many thanks
John

·
Everything in Moderation
8,086 Posts
SEARCH for VTEC solenoid, that's the most likely issue on a 2003 petrol engine.

If you can have the code read, post back here for verification and advice. If it IS the VTEC control, you MIGHT fix it by removing and cleaning the screen incorporated into the gasket. If it has been replaced already with an aftermarket part, it could have failed prematurely (common issue).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, Yes engine check light.
If it is the VTEC solenoid, how much will a honda dealer be likely to charge to sort it? just a rough guide please :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK Update, can someone tell me if this sounds ok? I do not have the code, I will try and get it, but this morning on the way to the repair shop the car was working fine !!! no engine check light, no issues at all. They have said it is a code showing "CURRENT CONTROL UNIT FAILED" ? they say this is due to the alternator over charging, the fix is a whole new fuse board and a new alternator! does this sound correct ? they are saying it will keep repeating the problem when electrics under load ????

·
Everything in Moderation
8,086 Posts
OK, I HAVE heard of ELDs going bad.

Since you are in the UK I can't hazard a guess on cost, but you could change it yourself. They are in the under-bonnet fuse box.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts