Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
if it ain't broke why fix it. what you got when they saw it broke they fixed it. don't keep masking tape on plastic for long extended time you'll find out in the long run. Sorry I am old not new to using electrical tape a softer glue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My button popped off when shifting this weekend on my 2017 CR-V EX, still in warranty. I took it into the dealer this morning and they said there was a recall. 19-063 is on the service write up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My button popped off when shifting this weekend on my 2017 CR-V EX, still in warranty. I took it into the dealer this morning and they said there was a recall. 19-063 is on the service write up.
Well my shift knob fell last July 2018 and Honda fixed it. When I took my car in today 8-28-2019, I asked if there were new parts since the TSB was issued May 2019 and told my 2017 CRV was not in the VIN range. Seems like they didn't catch all the VINs with the problem.

Len

·
Registered
23 Posts
My 2017 EX-L was the same way. I took it in for a few software updates and I asked the service advisor about it and he said my car was not part of the recall however the tech did take the button out and inspected it. I know he did it because the button is now much looser than it was before. I will have to take it back this weekend have them look at it again.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had the Shift Button replaced after receiving a recall letter from Honda about this. It took 30 minutes to fix. Most dealers should have the part in stock since it is a recall.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This happened to our 2017 CRV this week. Went by the dealer to see if it was covered and was told plastic is not covered under warranty. I will be following up with corporate as it is obvious Honda has a problem. A simple internet search turns up lots of broken shift knobs. I ordered the part and should have it next week.

Fairly simple to remove the knob. Pop the upper piece of plastic off and remove two screws. There was a lot of grease in my know and I had to dig out all the parts. I did not break these pieces up. This is how it shattered. This can't be acceptable.

View attachment 124931
This Post saved my life.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts