Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy’s i need some help please....i live in scotland i just recently bought a 2008 Cr-v EX i love it just wanted to change oem headlights....i have purchased hid conversion kit i have no idea how to fit it, i thought it was gonna be plug & play although i’m reading there’s a wiring harness i need to purchase & something about a relay, i honestly have no clue what i’m doing can someone give me it plain & simple

·
Registered
2008 Honda CR-V EX-L FWD
99 Posts
Did you buy the specific HID kit for your headlight bulb type? It should come with the correct wiring harness. Otherwise, the relay harness that you talking about are for you to run the HID straight from the battery, instead of the factory wiring.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have bought h1 hid kit which apparently should fit straight into the wiring harness but because it bought it from asia & crv is in uk apparently there different wiring setups? Would that be the case & do i just rig it up by cutting wires & wrapping them round red & black wires with metal attached to it?

·
Registered
2008 Honda CR-V EX-L FWD
99 Posts
I believe that probably is the issue, you've bought the kit for a different region. You can change the wiring harness on the kit to make it fit your factory wiring, if you don't mind voiding the item warranty. An alternative resolution for is going with LED rather than HID. Since you already have projector headlight you should have no issue with glare.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts