Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been all over this 02 Crv and can’t find this leak. It’s not the valve cover, vtec solenoid, or oil pressure switch. ItS something on the front right corner of the engine. I thought it was the timing chain cover but I checked and all bolts are tight. It doesn’t leak idling, but blows oil when driving. About a quart every couple hundred miles. Somebody please point me in the right direction on this thing! Thanks!

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,151 Posts
Have you checked the PCV valve? If that is stuck closed, you will get a lot of crankcase pressure. (Try removing the oil cap on a running engine)

Honda PCVs can usually be cleaned. You want it to 'rattle' after cleaning.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PCV is clean and clear. I’m thinking it may be the VTC filter gasket, which is behind the tensioner pulley top right corner of head, then running down to the front right corner of the oil pan.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some call it the VVT filter screen. It has a gasket that can get hard and leak just like the Vtec solenoid gasket on the opposite side of the head. I’m ordering the gasket today and will let you know if that fixes the leak.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I finally found this leak. It was the vtech screen gasket on the front right corner of the head. It's a very simple and cheap repair, but you have to take the power steering pump and belt tensioner off to gain access. The gasket gets hard and looses it's seal. It was running down the front right side of the motor and dripping from the front right corner of the oil pan. I am SO glad to have this finally fixed!

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,151 Posts
If you mean suspension alignment, probably not.

Although, the sub-frame and lower suspension components need to come out to replace the pan, according to the manual.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts