Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh boy I’m stuck....

So far everything is set and ready to go, but I was way too excited I didn’t even check if it is plug and play. So irritated at the moment I don’t really know what I should do... Any suggestions?

·
Registered
857 Posts
Oh boy I’m stuck....

So far everything is set and ready to go, but I was way too excited I didn’t even check if it is plug and play. So irritated at the moment I don’t really know what I should do... Any suggestions? View attachment 135012 View attachment 135013 View attachment 135014
You'll need to do a bit of searching here but someone posted a great how to with annotated photos and hardware store supplies a year or so ago. Good luck.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You'll need to do a bit of searching here but someone posted a great how to with annotated photos and hardware store supplies a year or so ago. Good luck.

Yes I used his DIY as a guide and he is actually on one of the Facebook groups I’m on too! He referred me to it afterwards! I was able to finish the job with the help of a guy from one of the Facebook groups! I finished the install tonight in the dark haha. Here she is!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That looks great. Is that an aftermarket grill or did you modify it looks good.

Stock grille, I had all the chrome wrapped in vinyl wrap, but eventually I got tired of the chrome garnish on the hockey sticks on the bumper and sides so I peeled them off and let it be chrome again. Lol. Here’s a side and rear pic of the chrome delete.

·
Registered
2018 CR-V Touring
125 Posts
Yes I used his DIY as a guide and he is actually on one of the Facebook groups I’m on too! He referred me to it afterwards! I was able to finish the job with the help of a guy from one of the Facebook groups! I finished the install tonight in the dark haha. Here she is!
so how did you fix the problem? was it just the wiring connector or the mount points too? I thought you had to get the sports bumper to have the led ones fit in properly. I'm going to be going down the same route soon.

do you have the link to the guide - can't seem to find it here. I've been going with an old amazon review but it's missing some details.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so how did you fix the problem? was it just the wiring connector or the mount points too? I thought you had to get the sports bumper to have the led ones fit in properly. I'm going to be going down the same route soon.

do you have the link to the guide - can't seem to find it here. I've been going with an old amazon review but it's missing some details.
I had to sever the attachment for the stock fog lights and splice the new attachment to the existing wires. That's the suggestion and help I got from the facebook member. the picture above with the green connector is out and replaced with the connector that came with the fog lights. It was after I installed the lights that another facebook group member was able to find the retrofit wiring harness, but it was too late since I already went ahead and did what I did.

Technically, the sport bumper would be ideal, because there is that 3rd or 4th mounting point that holds the bracket in place. I personally don't like the look of the sport bumpers so I looked up on how to install without it. It's somewhere here on the forum, I'll look for the link. The DIY link and guide was helpful, but also youtube how to remove the front bumper was really the key part during the install. I didn't want to go the route of creating and installing a bracket to hold it in place, so I went ahead and zip tied the areas tight and secure without stressing the plastic too much. It's pretty solid at this point. Will found out in time if it starts to loosen.

here's the link! Good luck and let me know how it goes!

https://www.crvownersclub.com/threa...meJsOrY1nRr1AkGfiRTcrLhc0TD5MUqB-qjhbSEw3Z5ZU

·
Registered
2018 CR-V Touring
125 Posts
thanks for the link - not sure how I missed this.

I also don't want to go the sports bumper route. it costs a bit to ship and I don't like having all the additional painted surface so close to the road rocks. If the kit you got is the same as the DIY post then I think it's non oem? I've seen oem ones have the same wiring harness as the US foglights while the kind in the DIY - the common ones on ebay - have the very thin connector. Frankly that's the main reason I held off getting the ebay ones because of the wiring.

I'm going to try and get a set when we visit Singapore in a few months - from what I've seen the ones from there (Malaysia really) appear to have a plug and play harness. What's confusing is that I've seen Asian led fogs from dealers mounted on apparently non sports bumpers. Anyways thanks for the pics, I really hate the look of our stock fogs as it dates the look of the car in my opinion. All this non-sense for saving a few bucks on Honda's part.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts