Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm interested to hear from experts and CR-V users (I just bought a 2014 EX 2WD) what are the toughest and complex ways that the CR-V can take, and which ones you recommend NOT to take. I have normal tires (city use), 17-inch, front-wheel drive, 2.4L engine, and everything else you already know. Thanks. Greetings from Mexico City ;)
By the way, I love to spend the time at the beach and the sand, thats wy i'm so interested in this topic :cool:

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Hey Amigo.

Don't expect much better grip in the sand than a car, except a tad better ground clearance with a Front wheel CRV. OEM Tires are not rated for Off-Road.

You may want to go to an All-Terrain tire and lower your air pressure when your deep in the sand. Than bring an air pump to bring the air back up when your back on the streets. Otherwise, you have a great chance of getting stuck in the sand. Even true 4x4's get stuck without the right equipment.

Best of luck, and welcome to the Forum. Check out my "GARAGE" to see what tire setup I went with.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Welcome. As Rickman said it's no better than a car on the beach or off-road. Even in my old Jeep, which was obviously 4x4, I got stuck in some really soft sand and had to be pulled out. Good luck to you, this is a great vehicle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts