Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isnt my parents CRV, but its identical to this one, same color and rims.

I'd really like to install something like these wheels in the links below, something plug and play. Idk if my parents lx has tpms or not though.

Ebay 18" CRV Rim
Or
2019-2020 Touring rim 18"

Can you help me get to something close to these?

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,820 Posts
Looks like you are getting new tires as well. My Fav rims on that generation are the 2016 SE rims
2016 SE rims

or the 2017 LX alloy rims.

2017 LX rims

·
Registered
2014 EX-L AWD
153 Posts
correct. both have the indirect TPMS systems.

more of a bolt on & play however.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
All CR-V 17" and over rims are interchangeable from 2007 on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Interchangeable when the original rims are 16" ???
You would have to upgrade both the tires and the rims to 18" for it to fit on your LX. Not just the rims. As long as your car has clearance in the wheel well to do so.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no this is a question from someone with absolutely no automobile knowledge, that's about to spend a lot of money on something based off of your answers. so its very important. nothing funny at all.

when someone tells me that something that is 17" and LARGER are all compatible, it begs the logical question

what about BELOW 17"? Is it that funny?

Yes understand I need new tires as well.

·
Registered
2013 EX
65 Posts
Honestly?.....I'd do 17" rims for a no hassle swap. You car looks just like my 13 except I have the EX with alloy rims.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Oh okay. I meant EXACTLY that: 17" and larger rims are all interchangeable from 2007 on. 16" won't fit the latest generation so it's not interchangeable "from 2007 on".

So any wheel you buy from a 2007 model on fits any later CR-V as long as it's 17" or larger.

when someone tells me that something that is 17" and LARGER are all compatible, it begs the logical question

what about BELOW 17"? Is it that funny?
It was a blatant failure at logic class so I thought it had to be comedy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You would have to upgrade both the tires and the rims to 18" for it to fit on your LX. Not just the rims. As long as your car has clearance in the wheel well to do so.
yes I was asking if there was clearance in the wheel well but it appears that this has been answered

·
Registered
2020 CRV EXL 2WD
165 Posts
At the risk of triggering Hick's Law are you dead set on OEM Honda CRV wheels? Quite a few OEM wheels with similar specs from other Hondas (e.g. Civic, Accord, etc) would also probably work with no problem and you have a LOT of aftermarket wheels you could choose from under that $250 per wheel price range...

·
Premium Member
2017 CRV EX AWD
1,497 Posts
Get some h&r springs, some accord sport wheels with crv properly sized tires and all the windows tinted and it will be a little less grocery store cruiser

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ite a few OEM wheels with similar specs from other Hondas (e.g. Civic, Accord, etc) would also probably work with no problem and you have a LOT of aftermarket wheels you could choose from under that $250 per wheel price ra

Well now ive got a HUGE problem!!!!!

My mom incorrectly told me this was a 2014 CRV but looking at VIN this is a 2012 CRV!!!!
Looking at 2012 spec for vin it says this is DIRECT TPMS, yet I've ordered the RIMS which i believe to be for INDIRECT TPMS.

So now, I've got a 2012 CR-V LX which I'm 90% that its DIRECT TPMS, and have ordered these rims from a 2017 Touring Cr-v which are INDIRECT...
Am i screwed?
Will i just have to drive around with the TPMS light on forever? Or is there a fix to make these 2017 rims compatible with my 2012?

18" Honda CR-V 2017 2018 Factory OEM Rim Wheel 64111 Black Machined Full Set | eBay

·
Premium Member
2017 CRV EX AWD
1,497 Posts
Well now ive got a HUGE problem!!!!!

My mom incorrectly told me this was a 2014 CRV but looking at VIN this is a 2012 CRV!!!!
Looking at 2012 spec for vin it says this is DIRECT TPMS, yet I've ordered the RIMS which i believe to be for INDIRECT TPMS.

So now, I've got a 2012 CR-V LX which I'm 90% that its DIRECT TPMS, and have ordered these rims from a 2017 Touring Cr-v which are INDIRECT...
Am i screwed?
Will i just have to drive around with the TPMS light on forever? Or is there a fix to make these 2017 rims compatible with my 2012?

18" Honda CR-V 2017 2018 Factory OEM Rim Wheel 64111 Black Machined Full Set | eBay
No you’ll have to swap the tpms from the old set to the new set

·
Registered
2020 CRV EXL 2WD
165 Posts
You may also consider just buying a 2nd set of sensors for the new wheels. You may be able to find a set of 4 on Ebay (if you trust Ebay) for a decent price...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts