·
Super Moderator
3,206 Posts
From Majestic Honda's site

71510-T1W-A01 GARNISH, RR. BUMPER (LOWER) List $122.08 Discount$ 84.24

·
Registered
141 Posts
I was recently tapped in the rear by a pickup and the only damage I sustained was a couple of puncture holes on that silver molding on my rear bumper. I brought it to a Honda service center to get it replaced.
$122.08 (cost of part)
-$12.21 (10% parts discount)
$9.76 (tax)
$119.63 (total)

They didn't charge me for labor. I was told it took just seconds because it snaps off and on.

I didn't hesitate to get it fixed but that's because the pickup driver agreed to cover the cost. If I had to pay out-of-pocket, I would hesitate. It's not too noticeable and it's an area that's vulnerable. So you do risk damaging it again after paying for the replacement.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
That is so amazing to hear, I'm seriously so happy. I have a Honda city nearby and I believe they do have a service center. Can you tell me in detail what happened or just the interactions you had there, in private message? I would love to get it fix as soon as possible! Even though it might get damaged again, but I won't let it happen twice!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Wife got (very lightly) rear ended as well two days ago - similar damage to the rear bumper "garnish" as the above pictures.
Was looking on line and I found two parts: 71510-T1W-A11 ($75.92 - suspect this is the unpainted version) and 71510-T1W-A01 ($112.63 - suspect this is the silver painted version). Also good to know that (as others have found) the part is relatively cheap and easy to replace.

I also found a few potential replacements for even cheaper on eBay, but these are likely non-OEM replacements and not really sure just how good fitment or appearance is compared to stock.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also have that part damaged, i was at the car wash and the lady behind me was on her cellphone and didn't realize she didn't had her foot on the brake until it was to late and bump my CRV, now it has all scratches on that part. Poor lady she was scared... I didn't wanted to make a big deal of it. Is good to know that the part can be replaced.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would just get a paint pen from the dealership ($10-15?) and cut off any bits sticking out, and then paint pen the rest. It's a bumper, they get bumped and damaged like this, and to be honest... no one but you will probably notice it, and those who notice it won't care. It's a reliable utility vehicle, not a show car! Don't fret.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts