Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had purchased our CRV back in Feb. from a Owner to Owner lot. Long story short, I noticed the left rear tire was worn on the inside badly recently when I did the rear brakes. Took it in for a alignment and the mechanic said the vehicle has been in a accident and the rear subframe needs to be replaced to correct the negative camber. He also said the previous owner tried to heat up the right rear trailing arm to bend it to correct something in the rear. My laundry list includes left front lower ball joint, left front axle, rear subframe, and right rear trailing arm.:mad:

The question is, I have been looking for a rear subframe, is the AWD compatible with the FWD model? Are they both the same? I have a FWD CRV and I just keep finding AWD subframes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I got a ??? got a 2005 CR-V that needs a rear subframe P/N for that is 50300-A9A-A01 Got a donor 2004 CR-V with a very clean rear Crossmember its P/N is 50300-S9A-A00 04 is A00 05 is A01 Will it work ??? Thanks for any help. Both are AWD & Both are Auto Transmission 05 is EX trim the 04 is LX Trim.

·
Registered
220 Posts
probably not I looked up the rear struts and they are different,reminds me of the time a customer brings his own junk yard left rear lower control arm for a ford escape I think, and every thing was good besides where the shock mount was at ,did the bracket break at the weld for the control arm? I have seen that once on a CRV that went off the road hard

·
Registered
2 Posts
probably not I looked up the rear struts and they are different,reminds me of the time a customer brings his own junk yard left rear lower control arm for a ford escape I think, and every thing was good besides where the shock mount was at ,did the bracket break at the weld for the control arm? I have seen that once on a CRV that went off the road hard
Hi Dave Yes the upper arm broke off the subframe, Rusted off to better explain it. the body is perfect & it has only 130 K on it runs perfect I have near by a clean 04 that would work great if the parts were correct. Just my luck they are a year apart. Thanks for the reply I'm doing a side by side comparsion tomorrow an 04 & 06 & will study them very carfully

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
fccpsgak99833
Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums
Honda CR-V Owners Club forum, the best hang-out to discuss CVT, Hybrids, trim levels and all things CR-V
Full Forum Listing