Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all another newbie here...

I am contemplating buying a 2010 silver CRV 2.0 Vtec in EX trim. I have viewed the car in Stoke on Trent here in the UK. The car was originally from Portsmouth area and was last sold by Fords of Windsford. What concerns me is that the last owner only had the car four months then traded in at a bmw dealer in Stoke on trent. After doing some research I have found out that the CRV had a short motor fitted at the Honda dealer last year due to an oil consumption issue.

I really like the CRV and have put down a small deposit but am concerned that the last owner had the car for only four months. Is it possible that the oil consumption problem could re-appear? I rode tested the car and it seems fine. Also I read that some of the petrol engines can suffer with a fault on number 3 cylinder with valve failure. Is this true on my model?

Thanks in advance for your time.....

·
Registered
52 Posts
always wise to take a car you are wishing to buy to an independent mechanic of your choosing
better to spend 200 than take on a headache

·
Registered
139 Posts
If the long block that was replaced was new, I would buy it.

We had the same problem here in the US and it was sticking oil rings. The fix was: Change oil and add 16 oz Marvel Mistery oil and run it.
The rings would clear them self .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts