Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2011 4wd Crv, but I want to ensure that all is well. What maintenance issue should I deal with and cosmetic stuff?

-Wheels and tires
Audio
Body kit
Muffler
Etc

I am appreciative of any advice

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,742 Posts
Cosmetic stuff is up to you. I like the extended rear 'wing', haven't seen that on any Vs around here.:cool:

If you just bought the car and want to assure that it up to date with maintenance, do it ALL. Depending on mileage, you could spread the costs over 6 months. Many Topics about what is needed here.

If the cars in your market have the Maintenance Minder, you could search here for instructions on how to see what is 'coming up' at the next oil change. But, you run the risk that the MM was reset and some things were not done.

Reactions: mintcharlo

·
Registered
2008 Honda CR-V EX-L FWD
99 Posts
Congrat on the car. Please provides vehicle mileage, any maintenance record from previous owner (if any), and driving habit for better suggestion from the community.

·
Registered
2008 Honda CR-V EX-L FWD
99 Posts
That relatively young miles for this vehicle. If you have no record of maintenance, and are good with do it yourself, I suggest checking the following: sparkplug, engine oil, transmission fluid, power steering fluid. Replace transfer case oil, rear differential oil. These should be good preventative maintenance to give you piece of mind.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,742 Posts
There is no transfer case (it is part of the transmission). But you are well advised to replace the trans fluid (whether you have automatic or manual) and differential fluids every 50K km. (Use Honda fluids for best performance).

Spark plugs are due at ~ 180K km, and it is good to check/adjust valve clearances at that time.

Brake fluid should be flushed every three years regardless of distance traveled.

Cabin & engine air filters can be checked yearly and replaced if they are dirty.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
those facelift gen3 wheels are beautiful.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Yup - Love those wheels! Not available here. Aargh!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts