Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched through the threads ,but couldn't find anything about it. I'm having an issue where i was checking checks and left the key turns on for bit and the car wouldn't start , like it struggled but wouldn't turn over checked and gave me a P0401 code. after awhile of it sitting maybe 15 mins it started up like normal. looked it up and turns out to be an EGR issue? thing is I've looked everywhere and apparently the car doesn't have an EGR valve? is this correct and anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
The Po401 came up on my Miata last week. It means insufficient air flow through he EGR valve. It is caused by a bad valve but more often it is due to carbon build-up that needs cleaning. I cleared the code on mine and it has not come back yet. This is a common problem on most vehicles.

My car acted normal and I think when they act up, it is generally an idle issue only.

·
Registered
892 Posts
First off, we have no idea what you are driving. Cant help you find components if we don't know what it is that we are looking at.

·
Not-a-Mechanic
2011 CR-V 4WD EX
584 Posts
I shouldn't post, I know so little about the V. But I'd look for any sort of flapper or gate in the big air pipes, and check the pipes for leaks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.