Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a link to my subs im gonna run two of them.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_575P1S415/Rockford-Fosgate-P1S415.html

So im new to this whole thing first car ;) So since im running dual sub woofers im gonna need a 2 channel amp? right?

If some body could link me to a couple of amps on Crutch Field that would do the trick that be great wanna make sure all the sub ratings match up! Also will I need a capacitor? Link to one of those to please!

Thanks in advance!
05' CR-V
Andrew

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
A 15" sub that only handles 200 watts RMs. that's strange. A capacitor depends on how it affects your electrical system AFTER you install - if it's making your headlights dim, you may want to try one - I have one and my headlights still dim out, but not as bad. You can use a 2 channel amp, or a 1 channel if you want, and put a different ohm load. It also depends on how many voice coils each of those subs has, I didn't look at it very closely.

·
Registered
11 Posts
When and if you buy, onlinecarstereo.com is a great place to go. They have great prices and all the people I know that have purchased from them had no problems.

You could easily find a better sub than that though for the money. You would be better off with two 12" subs.

·
MECP Audio Expert
2,076 Posts
p1's are the bottom of the line rockford subs. If you do chose to go with them, make sure the sealed box is the right size, and I would reccomend a 500rms amp at 2 ohms stable. A kenwood or alpine will do fine. @channel or mono, doesnt matter. If it's a 2 channel you will just be bridging it anyway.

·
MECP Audio Expert
2,076 Posts
that obviously changes the ohm load, and the amp has to be the ohm stable you are wireing it. You cant for instance use 2 dual 4 ohm voice coil subs bridged down and then also bridged on the amp if it's not 1 ohm stable.

·
MECP Audio Expert
2,076 Posts
go to the company web site and look it up. There may also be more info on the magnet. Remember to much power, or to little can blow a sub.

·
MECP Audio Expert
2,076 Posts
if we ever meet up at a meet or something, and I have access to a computer, I'll look at them and fugure it out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.