Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am removing a starter from the bottom of the car on a 2008 Honda CRV. I am using the following video and I am stuck at the part on 9:30. I cannot remove the wire. I do not know where to push. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2007 CRV
94 Posts
From the video, it looks like where you push on the clip to release
the connector is on the flat portion of the connector
Also, a small screw driver would help to push the connector off
Sorry, no help here

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Avisitor is right use a small pocket screwdriver. On the locking tab try this while pressing on the locking tab to release it push the connector in 1st then out of the terminal to move it out of the spade connector. I hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,600 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For future searches, at 9:36 you can see where she pushes down on the pin. The tab is on the left side from the camera's point of view. Mine came out super easily, I did spray wd-40 around the area, probably helped a bit.

·
Registered
67 Posts
For future searches, at 9:36 you can see where she pushes down on the pin. The tab is on the left side from the camera's point of view. Mine came out super easily, I did spray wd-40 around the area, probably helped a bit.
I had similar experiences on other connectors on my vehicle. I push the tab and pull and nothing moves.
A small amount of WD-40 or even some compressed air helps break up and wash away a little grit that causes a connector to lock in place; per my experience.

Glad you got it loose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts