Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. New here so apologies if I'm doing something wrong. I'll learn as time goes by... My problem is I want to change my beep beep horns on my new CRV to a normal sounding dual horn. Most US cars have a 2 tone set of horns and even Honda has had them in the past. I know my 2005 Accord had the beefier sounding horns. So, I visited some locations out on net and found the actual part numbers for the horns for a 2013 Odyssey that everyone said would work with the Gen 5 CRV's. Horns arrived today and low and behold the wiring adapter has a single pin and the wiring harness adapter from the vehicle has 2 pins. Bummer. Has anyone out there actually done this and if so, where did you get the correct horns/wiring adapter Screen Shot 2018-11-10 at 2.16.57 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2018-11-10 at 2.16.57 PM.jpg , maybe some part numbers, URL, etc... Of course I already took beep beeps off car (easy to do) and of course already opened packages with new horns in them. The Honda part number I ordered was "38100-TK8-A01 - low" and "38150-STX-H02 - high". They will bolt up perfectly and fit but the wrong adapter pin-out. Any suggestions or advice would be most appreciated. I think I was able to upload a pic of each connector. The brown connector (2 pins) is the current horn on the car and the white connector (1 pin) is the adapter on horns I just purchased. Hopefully you can see them. include a pic of the 2 adapters but not a URL I can include. -- Thanks, Virgil

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
3,675 Posts
deleted accidental double post

·
3,675 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks JB.. I searched for "horn", "CRV horn", "horn replacement" and nothing to be found. Will just take a spell to figure this site out a bit more. I looked at the link and lots of ideas but no 2 pin to 1 pin adapters. I hope the place I purchased them from knows of another horn that will work with the correct adapter. If not, I need to I suppose cut adapter off of the lead coming from fuse box and determine which one is hot and try to do some re-wiring. Crazy stuff. Should be simple but NOPE... Thanks again!!

·
3,675 Posts
Thanks JB.. I searched for "horn", "CRV horn", "horn replacement" and nothing to be found. Will just take a spell to figure this site out a bit more. I looked at the link and lots of ideas but no 2 pin to 1 pin adapters. I hope the place I purchased them from knows of another horn that will work with the correct adapter. If not, I need to I suppose cut adapter off of the lead coming from fuse box and determine which one is hot and try to do some re-wiring. Crazy stuff. Should be simple but NOPE... Thanks again!!
i believe that college hill honda has an adapter...for this purpose.

https://www.collegehillshonda.com/SRCH.html?Store_Code=CH&Search=Horn+Adapter+Harness

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
i believe that college hill honda has an adapter...for this purpose.

https://www.collegehillshonda.com/SRCH.html?Store_Code=CH&Search=Horn+Adapter+Harness
Yea i have the harness and stebel horns in our 17 crv and night & day diff.
Very easy location on the crv as well

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,018 Posts
the horn bolts to the frame, that will be the way it gets GROUNDED, the single pin is your Pos (+) and that is how that works. you can snip the wiring make your own plug , so on. need help we're here for that.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Yea i have the harness and stebel horns in our 17 crv and night & day diff.
Very easy location on the crv as well

Which Stebel horns? Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts