Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'd like to upgrade my stereo and do it the easiest way possible. I've already changed the door speakers and added a sub. I think I've 2 options. A single DSP/amp or a new headunit. I've seen an alpine e800dsp unit that would allow me to keep everything stock and still tune the sound with its built in EQ.

The other option is a new headunit but I'm struggling to get my head round what adapters I need. I have no idea if my Honda stereo even has a separate amp. As I'm in the UK I only have a reverse cam, dab Arial , GPS and usb that I'd like to retain. Is this possible? Can anyone point me in the right direction? Any help would be appreciated

Thanks.

I'll try adding some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get a DSP and keep the factory head unit. There are many DSP options you can go with (Audison, Helix, JL Audio, Alpine)
I'd seen the helix P Six which I think is probably the best going off the specs and price. The Match Up 7DSP looks great too. Never heard of them but spec looks good. Is it a just a cheaper version of the Helix P? I also like the spec of the alpine E800dsp as you can control it from your phone and set up DSP presets is radio, cd, Bluetooth etc.

I'd like the amp to power a sub too which these look like they'll do. I only want something like a Sundown sd3 10. I've a 12" RF power HX2 1000w RMS at the minute which is a bit over kill for what I need. If I can find some one to make a custom box I'll get more boot space too which would be great.

Do any of the above amp/DSP have an auto calibration?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts