Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble installing my Pioneer U310BT GPS unit, although the questions I have are generic for any in-dash GPS. Mainly they focus on feeding wires to different parts of the car. 1. GPS antenna, 2. grounding wire, 3. GPS microphone.

My first question is how to feed the GPS antenna through the dash. After I remove the factory radio, I can reach in to the dashboard compartment with my whole arm, but I don't see or feel any gaps I can feed the wire through. Should I forcibly pry open some place in the dash board?

My second question is about the grounding the wire. The manual says to attach the grounding wire to some large metal piece but inside my dash is all plastic. Can I find some part of the car frame back there?

My third question is about feeding the microphone through the dash.

One last question: my GPS didn't come with a DIN sleeve. The installation kit that came from Crutchfield doesn't seem to work without a DIN sleeve. Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have yet to pull the stereo our of our CRV or venture as far under the dash as you have. But as a former car stereo installer. I'd recommend trying to find a spot from the bottom up. A stiff wire or coat hanger works well. Use a flashlight and start on the passenger side since there is more room (no steering wheel in the way). It might be a snug fit but you should never have to cut. Try to follow the same route as the other wiring (and use plenty of zip ties to keep your wires out of trouble).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts