Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping that someone will help me with this. I'd like to add heated side mirrors to my 2016 EX. I think the existing wiring harness is compatible.

My question is this: On models that have factory heated mirrors does the tailgate defroster switch also turn on the side mirror heaters? Thank you.

·
Registered
2013 honda crv ex-l 2.0 auto awd twilight blue.
21 Posts
I'm hoping that someone will help me with this. I'd like to add heated side mirrors to my 2016 EX. I think the existing wiring harness is compatible.

My question is this: On models that have factory heated mirrors does the tailgate defroster switch also turn on the side mirror heaters? Thank you.
on my exl it does and mirrors clear well not immediate ( as on my Subaru legacy ) but at a acceptable time

·
Registered
148 Posts

Please update us when you complete the mod. I am also interested in retrofitting heated mirrors.

·
Registered
2010 EX-L (AWD, non-Nav)
565 Posts
Take a look in your manual.

On my '07 Accord SE, it shows a separate mirror heater switch and the text "if equipped". My car doesn't have a heated mirror, and I've been told it isn't possible to retrofit one since the harnesses are different. I have not investigated further.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Take a look in your manual.

On my '07 Accord SE, it shows a separate mirror heater switch and the text "if equipped". My car doesn't have a heated mirror, and I've been told it isn't possible to retrofit one since the harnesses are different. I have not investigated further.
Thanks. I checked my manual and both the mirrors and tailgate use the same button for defrost. I'll let you know how I make out with this project.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts