Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
3,681 Posts
deleted post

·
Registered
988 Posts
It looks like Canada gets an extended warranty whereas the US doesn't.

It will be interesting to see what, if any, performance compromises result.

·
Registered
476 Posts
It looks like Canada gets an extended warranty whereas the US doesn't.

It will be interesting to see what, if any, performance compromises result.
those 25000 people with CRV's in the 5 Northern States aren't going to be too happy about that...

·
Registered
447 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
And what about the 2019 models?? Are all the 2019's going to have the fix or just the ones designated for the" Lucky 21" As i call it- the 21 states that are scheduled to have the fix implemented. And what about DX ing?? someone buys a 2019 in PA but his features combo etc just happens to be found at a closer MD dealership. So they ship him a maryland vehicle without the fix. Thats going to go over real good...

·
Registered
673 Posts
I really hope they take you in if you come with the issue, not make you wait until they do all cars in selected states. Northern Vermont and northern New Hampshire are a lot colder than southern Maine for example, but all of Maine will be done first?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Photo in cr story is not showing a genuine Honda retarded orange dipstick
It's a still shot from the (3D animation) oil dilution video released by Honda.

·
Registered
653 Posts
This is ridiculous. Owners in Idaho, Wyoming or Colorado won't be included? Pretty harsh winter conditions in those areas.

Is an owner in a "warm weather" state supposed to sell their car if they get a job transfer to a northern climate? As far as I can remember from this forum, problems have also surfaced in so-called "warm weather" states. Perhaps we need a new thread called "I have the problem and my State is not included."

Owners need to keep the pressure on Honda via its dealers.

·
3,681 Posts
Please keep in mind that this info is from CR, not Honda. I'm not saying that CR is blatantly wrong, but we won't know for sure how Honda USA will be rolling this out, and to what areas/states, until we see a press release directly from Honda. It could be accurate, or it could be only part of the info. Just saying.

EDIT: Additionally, the CR article just says they will be rolling out the fix to additional 16 states in the following two months. They don't say it WILL NOT be available to the whole country.

With all the typos in that article, there may be some unintentional omissions as well:

"Honda says the fix will apply to all 2017 and 2018 Honda CR-Vs in those states with 1.5-liter turbo engineers, which it estimates to be about 25,000 vehicles."

Really? 1.5-liter turbo engineers? LOL

·
Registered
653 Posts
Please keep in mind that this info is from CR, not Honda. I'm not saying that CR is blatantly wrong, but we won't know for sure how Honda USA will be rolling this out, and to what areas/states, until we see a press release directly from Honda. It could be accurate, or it could be only part of the info. Just saying.

EDIT: Additionally, the CR article just says they will be rolling out the fix to additional 16 states in the following two months. They don't say it WILL NOT be available to the whole country.

With all the typos in that article, there may be some unintentional omissions as well:

"Honda says the fix will apply to all 2017 and 2018 Honda CR-Vs in those states with 1.5-liter turbo engineers, which it estimates to be about 25,000 vehicles."

Really? 1.5-liter turbo engineers? LOL
Yep, I do think you're right. Remembering the airbag recalls, the initial list of affected vehicles was quite modest compared to the final number. It took a few years (2014 to 2017) for my 2007 CRV to be included and the parts to become available.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yep, I do think you're right. Remembering the airbag recalls, the initial list of affected vehicles was quite modest compared to the final number. It took a few years (2014 to 2017) for my 2007 CRV to be included and the parts to become available.
My 2008 Saab had an airbag recall in 2012......When did they finally get the parts into fix it? July 2017 LOL

Post deleted to to use of language outside acceptable community standards.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
My 2008 Saab had an airbag recall in 2012......When did they finally get the parts into fix it? July 2017 LOL

My son's 2007 Element took 3 years to get the part in. If this crap doesn't get fix in a few months my CR-V is going to be long gone
Good luck finding a buyer for your defective car :=(
What dealer will offer you a fair price on a trade in :=(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Seriously, they don't even have plan for other states yet?
So I will be sitting here in Maryland while my engine is all ground up this winter.

·
3,681 Posts
Seriously, they don't even have plan for other states yet?
So I will be sitting here in Maryland while my engine is all ground up this winter.
Please read my post # 13 above.... :)

·
Banned
353 Posts
Please keep in mind that this info is from CR, not Honda.
What are you talking about???
The information in the article is FROM AND PROVIDED BY HONDA!

- Honda says it will begin rolling out...
- Honda says the fix will apply to...
- Honda says the repair...
- Honda said that it began notifying dealers...
- Honda plans to phase in the...says Kate Lucek, spokesperson for Honda Canada...
- Honda spokesman Chris Martin says...
- Martin, at Honda, says the company thinks...

I think Robbyg has infected many other forum members.
These incorrect/desperate attempts to 'spin' the facts is astounding.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.