Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well got the new CRV three days ago and so far really pleased , but I have a quick question I hope some one can shed light on , is there a way to get the HFT system to look at the phone book of my phone ? so i can dial a number that is stored in the phone and not the HFT phonebook ( which have to be manually added ), just seems strange to me that Honda would go and miss something as basic as using your stored numbers on your phone.:cool:

Would not be surprised to find its me missing the obvious but then again might not be.

Thanks

Devchef1

·
Registered
5 Posts
im not surprised!

Hi there hope you happy with your new crv does it have sat nav option??? if so are you having any problem with seeing screen on a bright day? this is badly sited and as soon as a sunny dy comes along you wont be able to view map (without shading the screen first!). If you do suffer with this lodge a complaint with Honda they may then do something for both of us! Honda The power of dreams or the purveyor of nightmares!!:D :D :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes mine has the sat nav and bluetooth option, so far have had no issues with seeing the screen even in the sunlight ( Got it on Tuesday this week and already done 1000 miles in it) and the weather has been not to bad in the Uk , but properly to early to really comment thou. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im in the UK too!

hiya mate I am in the UK too Is your CRv the latest model??? ie the brand new shape ? No probs with nav system on older outgoing model. Honda just fobbing me off with a total couldnt care less attitude You see I paid them in cash now they got me dosh they not interested. Used to have a Rx300 Lexus Far Far superior car and regretting every min of changing it!. will keep this pile o ****e a year then out it. Any aggro with your motor complain to Ken Keir (UK MD) he'll ignore you but pass you to a useless sod called dyer in their complainnts dept who will just fob you off. hope your motor is better than mine!! Dave :confused: :mad: :mad: :mad: :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bluetooth option?

Did yours come with the Bluetooth option, or was it added by the dealer? Our dealer didn't offer it. I'd really like to add Bluetooth if it's available.

We just got an 07 CR-V Nav...about a month ago.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Did yours come with the Bluetooth option, or was it added by the dealer? Our dealer didn't offer it. I'd really like to add Bluetooth if it's available.

We just got an 07 CR-V Nav...about a month ago.
I think I read on another forum that Bluetooth is only on the CR-Vs in the U.K. They've disabled the bluetooth for CR-Vs in the U.S. (and Canada??)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think I read on another forum that Bluetooth is only on the CR-Vs in the U.K. They've disabled the bluetooth for CR-Vs in the U.S. (and Canada??)
Does this mean that the unit is capable of Bluetooth; it's just disabled? If so, it'd be cool to figure out a hack around the disabling...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any answer on using phone book numbers?

Hi,

I'm a CR-V owner since August and getting really frustrated with the bluetooth phone system. Really want the system to use my phone book in my phone rather than the slow, voice sensitive in car only system.

Only way I have got round this so far is accessing the phone book from the handset and then transfering the call to the handsfree when call is answered.........not ideal when on the motorway!

Apart from that, love the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bluetooth Phonebook

Wouldn't life be great if you could automatically transfer your numbers from your phone to the CR-V. Regrettably no chance!:(

Sync your phone to the car - click on the phone answer button on the steering wheel and say "phonebook" then click again and say "store" then click again and say the name of the person you want to store the number for then click again and say the number (use the word 'zero' rather than 'oh'). This will store the name/number for you.

A bit of a pain but once you have them all stored the voice system picks up your requests well.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
353 Posts
An option to do what your looking for is to buy a Garmin nuvi GPS system with built in bluetooth.

The Garmin units make use of your phones contacts, and you can use voice commands or on screen picks. There is also an external mic for better voice pick up if needed. Caller ID shows up better than on your phone! Its very nice.

Nuvi units with an FM tranmitter built in with also transmitt the conversation to radio, like OEM systems do.

Problem is, I needed something in more than one car and my wife often wants the GPS unit.

So now I use is the new Motorola MOTOROKR T505. Its an external speaker with Bluetooth and FM transmitter built in to hear the conversation on the cars speakers. Works nice, but I've only had it about a week now. I can also play music from my phone via stereo bluetooth thru the T505 and transmit to an FM station. Not bad for $100.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Does this mean that the unit is capable of Bluetooth; it's just disabled? If so, it'd be cool to figure out a hack around the disabling...
Did we get an answer for this possible "hack" yet? :cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
picked up my new 2012 crv yesterday. the dealer said he programmed my phone and my husband's phone. i guess i'm too dumb to figure out how to work it. my husband called my cell while i was sitting in the car with the motor on. the phone rang in the car, but when i pressed the answer button, my phone continued to ring and i couldn't answer. what was i doing wrong?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem. The HFT phone simply states "Unable to import Phonebook or Call History" and is also unable to Re-dial from the same screen.
Have referred issue to supplier who has promised to get back to me.
Will post result.
Graham Howard

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know where the bluetooth module is located? My dealer says it is faulty. The replacement cost is prohibitive so I'm aiming to buy one from a dismantler. But I don't even know where to start looking for the unit. Any help appreciated, thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts