Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Honda CRV EX 2.2 i-dtec Diesel (Manual)
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I all I own a 2011 Honda CRV EX. i-dtec 2.2 Diesel (Manual)
What I have noticed is, When I start to accelerate away in 3rd, 4th gears onwards, Their is a Vibration/Shacking coming through the car that I can feel through the seat, Not the steering wheel. As soon as I get up to motorway speeds and ease off accelerating, it goes, I can activate the cruise control and all is good until the car starts to accelerate again, i.e. going up hills etc.
I was told it could be Crank Shaft Positioning sensor, (replaced that nothing changed)
I was told it could be Rear differential mounting bushes (replaced them nothing changed)
I have since fitted new wheels & tyres and still the vibration/shacking is still there.
Has anyone had any experience with this on there car. any advise please
Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
48 Posts
Common to blame this are engine mounts. If I was I'm your place I would change all of them AND transmission mount, without hesitation and further exam. Also steering wheel alignment and wheels balancing are to blame in certain cases.

Sent from my BBD100-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 Honda CR-V Sport 2.2 i-CDTi
8 Posts
I get this too on my 2005 Mark 2 2.2 i-CDTi but only if I accelerate more harshly in second gear, it is fine in all other gears.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Hello,

I suspect you might have a DMF (Dual Mass Flywheel) issue, but best eliminate all the other things first.

Do you have any bad smoke emissions from the exhaust system when accelerating through the gears?

Have you checked for ODB error codes?

What’s your mileage and service history?

Does the vibration diminish if you dip the clutch pedal?

·
Premium Member
2018 EX-L fwd
970 Posts
Try simple things first.

Are your tyres balanced? My father-in-law, who ran his own service station for many years, told me that you can feel out of balance tyres in your gluteus maximus area while driving. I know you've listed that you have done that, but take your V to another tire store & have them recheck the balance on all 4.

Doesn't hurt to try rearranging your tyres - front to back, or side to side to see if that affects your vibrations.

Good luck and let us know what your problem resolution is. It may help others down the road.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello,

I suspect you might have a DMF (Dual Mass Flywheel) issue, but best eliminate all the other things first.

Do you have any bad smoke emissions from the exhaust system when accelerating through the gears?

Hi Mate
Thanks for reply,
No Smoke when I accelerate hard,
I have had the engine plug in to a diagnostics machine and it came up fine,
The mileage is 49,000 and it came with full service history,
I think it does diminish if I press the clutch,
Regards
Dave

Try simple things first.

Are your tyres balanced? My father-in-law, who ran his own service station for many years, told me that you can feel out of balance tyres in your gluteus maximus area while driving. I know you've listed that you have done that, but take your V to another tire store & have them recheck the balance on all 4.

Doesn't hurt to try rearranging your tyres - front to back, or side to side to see if that affects your vibrations.

Good luck and let us know what your problem resolution is. It may help others down the road.
Hi Mate
thanks for reply, I will try this I have nothing to loose
Regards
Dave

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello,

Hi UK Kev
Just a quick update regarding my post on a Vibration coming through the seat on acceleration, Both yourself & Dark Knight said it could be Dual Mass Flywheel ??, Although the garage I have taken it to can not fit me in until next Thursday to have it looked at properly, They had a quick look today and said you could be correct with your diagnostics, So next Thursday it goes in to get the Fly wheel and Clutch checked and if they are the cause Replaced. So watch this space mate
Dave

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Concur with @UK-Kev on this in that the DMF is a prime candidate for being a culprit here.
Hi Dark Knight
Just a quick update regarding my post on a Vibration coming through the seat on acceleration, Both yourself & UK Kev said it could be Dual Mass Flywheel ??, Although the garage I have taken it to can not fit me in until next Thursday to have it looked at properly, They had a quick look today and said you could be correct with your diagnostics, So next Thursday it goes in to get the Fly wheel and Clutch checked and if they are the cause Replaced. So watch this space mate
Dave

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
7,558 Posts
^

Thanks for updating.

But remember, if you ARE having the DMF replaced, then replace the clutch at the same time too.

Reactions: otto33

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Dark Knight
Yeah mate that has already been discussed if the work needs doing it will be, New DMF and new clutch Gear box oil
Dave

·
Registered
516 Posts
Hello,
Regarding your update -
Recheck to see if the vibration diminishes when you press the clutch pedal even if you have to go over the same piece of road several times. Please note your 49k mileage is a little low to be having problems with the DMF.

I would have the garage check the drive shafts, also check the prop-shaft to see if you have lost one of the little balance plates has come off >>> you can normally see where a balance plate has come adrift, by a clean area paint. I would also have them check the P/Shaft centre bearing.

Other items >>> Have all your drive train fluids been changed – Diff, gearbox, transfer box?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Hi UK Kev
Thanks mate, I have driven the car a few times now and done as you mentioned pressing the clutch while shacking is happening, and as you said it does diminish when clutch is pressed, I had the mechanic sat in the car while the car was stood still, he says he can feel the DMF shacking under his seat & feet as he revs the car, BUT I will mention all of the other things you listed to him as a please check this too list, I agree the mileage is low but I dont know what life its had with other owner.
Thanks again Kev I will keep you updated when it goes in next Thursday
Dave

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
7,558 Posts
Please note your 49k mileage is a little low to be having problems with the DMF.
Not disagreeing with you, but it may well be down to the previous owner(s) not driving with due care and attention. DMFs are otherwise pretty resilient to a degree of driving "abuse".

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not disagreeing with you, but it may well be down to the previous owner(s) not driving with due care and attention. DMFs are otherwise pretty resilient to a degree of driving "abuse".
Hi Dark Knight I have posted a picture of my car so you can see my car we have been taking about
Dave

Hello,
Regarding your update -
Recheck to see if the vibration diminishes when you press the clutch pedal even if you have to go over the same piece of road several times. Please note your 49k mileage is a little low to be having problems with the DMF.

I would have the garage check the drive shafts, also check the prop-shaft to see if you have lost one of the little balance plates has come off >>> you can normally see where a balance plate has come adrift, by a clean area paint. I would also have them check the P/Shaft centre bearing.

Other items >>> Have all your drive train fluids been changed – Diff, gearbox, transfer box?
Hi UK Kev I have posted a picture of my car so you can see my car we have been taking about
Dave

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi UK Kev
Thanks mate, I have driven the car a few times now and done as you mentioned pressing the clutch while shacking is happening, and as you said it does diminish when clutch is pressed, I had the mechanic sat in the car while the car was stood still, he says he can feel the DMF shacking under his seat & feet as he revs the car, BUT I will mention all of the other things you listed to him as a please check this too list, I agree the mileage is low but I dont know what life its had with other owner.
Thanks again Kev I will keep you updated when it goes in next Thursday
Dave
Hi Kev
A quick up date for you mate, well I've got the car back today (Its been in the garage 2 days) Its got a new Dual Mass Flywheel Fitted, New Clutch Fitted (Just in time to the technician showed me the old clutch it was nearly down to the studs) & New Gear Box Oil, Im pleased to say the Shacking/Juddering when accelerating has gone. The car now looks and drives/handles as it should, Thanks Kev for your help & advise its people like yourself & Dark Knight that make this forum great I cannot thank you enough mate, Although it wasn't a cheap fix, its been money well invested in the car for future driving & enjoyment. Thanks again Kev your a credit the CRV Owner Club Web Site
Dave

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
7,558 Posts
Glad you sorted it all - as you say, an investment and now you know the car is robust and if driven properly, you'll have a good 200k to play with on that DMF/clutch :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Dark Knight
A quick up date for you mate, well I've got the car back today (Its been in the garage 2 days) Its got a new Dual Mass Flywheel Fitted, New Clutch Fitted (Just in time to the technician showed me the old clutch it was nearly down to the studs) & New Gear Box Oil, Im pleased to say the Shacking/Juddering when accelerating has gone. The car now looks and drives/handles as it should, Thanks Mate for your help & advise its people like yourself & UK KEV that make this forum great I cannot thank you enough mate, Although it wasn't a cheap fix, its been money well invested in the car for future driving & enjoyment. Thanks again Dark Knight your a credit to this CRV Owners club Web Site
Dave

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Glad you sorted it all - as you say, an investment and now you know the car is robust and if driven properly, you'll have a good 200k to play with on that DMF/clutch :)
RESULT
Thanks again mate,
Dave

1 - 20 of 20 Posts