Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Im new to the community and I have been enjoying all the articles about this amazing car.

I am an owner of a 2009 Honda CRV 2.0 A/T with around 60000Km (I leave in Angola/Africa) and have been very happy with my car. I just turned a father recently and have been preparing the car for my daughter and found the hard way that my car doesnt have isofix anchors in back seats. I am actually very surprised a car from Honda after 2006 will exclude this, but since the car its for African market i can imagine they did it because of costs.
Since i am very concerned with my baby security i would like to ask if there is a way to retrofit isofix without changing the back seats all together? Or if anyone can come up with a viable solution i am listening.
I am even thinking of buying the seat behind driver (smaller/cheaper one) and substitute with a isofix version.

Thank you in Advance ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi,

Could anyone help me out and take pictures of the ISOFIX in honda CRV and where is attached? im Planing to make a custom installation but i need i guide where to anchor the ISOFIX.

Thank you very much,

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hi,

Could anyone help me out and take pictures of the ISOFIX in honda CRV and where is attached? im Planing to make a custom installation but i need i guide where to anchor the ISOFIX.

Thank you very much,
If by ISOFIX you mean the u shaped brackets that are attached to the frame, are you sure you don't have them? My 2008 has them. I've anchored two car seats with them. Maybe for some reason Africa doesn't require them so Honda didn't add them.
I know in the US they've been required for at least 12 years, maybe more.

See if you can find a Honda users manual online for your car. It should have diagrams of the location of the anchors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts