Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Michigan!

We have a 2005 CR-V EX 4WD in satin silver. Purchased it new and have loved it ever since. I'm surprised how much cargo we can get into it when you need to. :) My aunt bought a 2014 CR-V because she was impressed with our car. Hoping to learn a thing or two on the forums.

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'm trying to figure out why the car is losing oil. That was my main reason for joining. Hopefully should be able to get many more good years out of our CRV.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you aboard! Was anything done before this happened? Did you do the oil change yourself or the dealer? Was the same grade of oil used? Odometer reading? Visible leaks on the floor? Or in the engine compartment? Let us know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you!

No, the low oil was noticed towards the end of the oil change lifespan. After we noticed it was 2qts low, we filled it up with 5w-20 and took it in for an oil change. While we were there, they did a major mile maintenance checkup. Flushed transmission, brake, and differential fluid. They also replaced the A/C belt. All maintenance and oil changes are completed at our local Honda dealership. They use conventional 5w-20 for the oil changes. No leaks that I can see on the floor. Just found an area which looks to have residue around the oil pan. I'm posting details in the thread below.

http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/14-problems-issues/90306-2005-cr-v-mysteriously-losing-oil.html

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I guess it's possible to be leaking oil since, after all it is a 10 year old vehicle. Could it be the oil pan needs a new gasket??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts