Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Malden and just bought a brand new CRV yesterday from Honda North in Danvers. I narrowed it down to three dealerships based on reviews and customer satisfaction scores: Prime Honda in Boston, Rockingham Honda in Salem, NH, and this one. I started at this one because it was closest (technically Boston is closest but it's a pain to get to). I worked with Tim and originally took a glacier blue EX for a test drive. He was great to work with, no pressure at all. We talked about different car options, he asked what else I was considering and we discussed the RAV4. He didn't bash Toyota whatsoever, said they were both excellent choices and I wouldn't be sorry with either, and that people have a couple of personal preferences that either make them RAV4 customers or CRV customers. He was exactly right and I was truly torn until I walked out of the Ira Danvers dealership so disgusted I wanted nothing to do with Toyota whatsoever. I ended up going back and taking another test drive, and from there my decision was made. There was minimal haggling, I knew what I could put down and what I could afford for a monthly payment. The financial manager got my APR down from 8.24% to 5.99% to keep my payment in the range I needed.

All was well for me to pick up the car until I woke up this morning feeling dissatisfied with my monthly payment and my extended warranty. I originally accepted Portfolio (First Extended Services Corp) but after reading reviews when I got home yesterday I definitely made a mistake. Tim told me to come on down and they would take care of it no problem, and he was true to his word. They honored the Honda Care warranty competitive pricing at $850 for 7 years/100k miles comprehensive with zero deductible. I saved almost $800 and it lowered my payment $12/month.

The dealership also does your first three oil changes for free and then every third oil change is free from there on out. They also extend the powertrain warranty to 7 years/100k miles standard for free if you do all your maintenance at their dealership on time. Their service pricing is also competitive. A remote starter including labor is $400 less there than from Herb Chambers of Boston. The only thing I would say is be careful to ask all questions before you sign. Tim asked me to sign the P&S and initial the deposit box before we negotiated on price, which I refused and he accepted that without an argument. I should've asked more details about the warranty and asked to see brochures, but that was my own fault. Everyone I interacted with was respectful and the staff truly seemed to enjoy working there. Lots of interaction and joking/laughing. Overall, I would rate it a 4.7/5 and if all goes well I hope to buy again in four years or so!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sarahbeth- Yep, I had a similar bad experience at a Toyota dealership west on Boston. Toyota dealers in general get consistently poor ratings in customer satisfaction. The quality of their product keeps people shopping there, I guess. But I have never liked Toyota's practice of bundling useful accessories you might want for safety or convenience, with expensive junk that just jacks-up the price. I was very interested in a RAV V-6 but the combination of pricing and salesman's attitude took that brand off my radar. I've been a Honda owner for years (Accords and motorcycles) and am very glad I got my '07 CRV.

pete

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sarahbeth now I'm a little concerned. We just bought a 2012 EX with Honda Care extended warranty at a cost of $1280. Could you give me more details on your warranty?

·
Registered
845 Posts
Sarahbeth now I'm a little concerned. We just bought a 2012 EX with Honda Care extended warranty at a cost of $1280. Could you give me more details on your warranty?
I don't know how many years or mile warranty you have but I'm sure Bernardi or Saccucci Honda will be cheaper and no sales tax if you're out of their state..
I bought a 8/100 from Bernardi for $935 no deductible no sales tax.
If you do a search you'll find a Saccucci Honda discounted warranty cost chart with miles and years.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looking to purchase soon...but regarding the HondaCare, i believe you can purchase it from any dealer in the USA. everyone has their price because anything over the dealer cost is pure profit.

More on topic. As i said, looking to buy, am likely going to price out Boch West, Atamian, and Peters...maybe Rockingham as well. Boch has been GREAT for maintenance, and want our sales business now, right off 495 in Westford. Atamian has good prices (when i bought my civic) but not great service. Rockingham is convenient any might as well get a 3rd horse in the race...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I shopped around for a Honda CRV, Subaru Forester and a Toyota Highlander (wanted to see their new model). Acton Toyota was quite good. No pressure. But we ruled out the Highlander very quickly given we don't need such a big car. Consumer Reports won us over to the Forester and the CRV. I used the TrueCar service and found that the local Honda dealers were very competitive. In contrast, the Subaru dealers were not open with the prices up front. I narrowed my Honda dealerships to Boch Honda, Boch Honda West, Atmanian and Herb Chambers Burlington. I went with the Burlington dealership given they had the color we were interested and their proximity. If Boch had the car in stock, I would have bought it from them. I found the folks at Boch the best to work with via email, phone and when I went to test-drive them. Ask for Corey at Boch Honda West. Great guy. I felt bad not buying the car from him.

·
Registered
200 Posts
hello people; I'm a M******* myself and I bought my used 13 V from a guy who bought it at Autofair Honda in NH. He likes it there and has bought a couple of cars from them. I have no more info on them.
goodluck
IBBY

·
Registered
19 Posts
If anyone is still looking for a great deal on a Honda, go to Lundgren Honda in Auburn MA. I drive there from Western MA, bought 3 cars from them, they are excellent to work with, and the service department is also fantasitc :) If you do go there, ask for Ralph or Bryan and tell them Tina W sent you

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was jerked around and lied to during my car buying experience at Honda North. And one salesman mysteriously was let go during the process. I was bounced around and never found one person to talk to. They where not interested in my business so i took it elsewhere. I now own a beautiful 2017 CR-V touring that was a good deal. YMMV

1 - 9 of 9 Posts