Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am 73 years old and have been a Honda owner since 1988. I currently have a 2000 CRV EX (4 wheel drive automatic transmission) with 190,000 miles on it. I bought the car new and have changed the oil approx. every three months or 3000 miles mainly because I purchased a lifetime oil change package for $139 when I bought the car. I think I have got my money's worth on that and from what I read, it has probably been good for my car because I haven't really had any problems with it other than normal maintenance and stuff wearing out. I am going to do my second timing belt replacement soon because of the mileage. My car has suffered a little from age (as I have), but mostly only cosmetically. The low gas warning light stopped coming, the drive position doesn't light up anymore (the other positions still do, however), the door lock on the front passenger door makes a loud rasping noise when I lock it, and the clock stops working for weeks at a time, then starts working again, but then it goes off. It is currently working. I have talked to my service man and have decided I can live without these things as the price to fix them is quite high (it is not longer just a matter of replacing a fuse like it used to be with cars). I really love my car. My son has never appreciated my car, from day one. He says it has too much wheel well noise and the seat is hard. But he does admit it has a lot of cup holders. I love my car, though, and I especially love its style. I don't like the style of the current CRV's. I think mine is beautiful and perfectly proportioned with its roof rack and spare tire on the back. I recently purchased a used OEM Honda spare tire cover for $35 on Ebay to replace my old one that finally wore out. In closing, I must say I am glad to be in the Club and will enjoy reading about other CRV's like mine.
Barb

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Welcome to the forum Barb. Lots of good info and good members here too. Your input is important. From your description of your 2000 EX you have lost some amenities but the Honda quality still persists in drive-ability. Cheers!

Enjoy the ride.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts