Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Submissions are now being taken for JUNE CR-V OF THE MONTH
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Honda CRV EX 2.2 i-dtec Diesel (Manual)
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Otto33
Sure, This Head Unit was fitted by a local company they did all the install that took 2 days, They said its not a straight change over there are a lot of wires/cables to change out & swap over. there are some things that will not transfer over, mainly with steering wheel controls. I have lost voice activation with phone calls, BUT if you have a smart phone this replaces this function with SIRI etc, I have done away with Sat Nav because now there are better options out there, Rather than new sat nav disc installation every few years, (No Thanks), (But since clocks went funny some of these things mentioned above stopped working correctly anyway) The reverse screen is still there and comes with this head unit so thats all good. I wanted to install a new style Ariel antenna BUT with my car having Pan Roof This according to the shop would be a big job to remove head liner, so we compromised and installed the best window style Ariel available, this I have to say works fine. So I feel what I have lost/given up, compared to what I have gained I can live with. (Better looking Head Unit, better sound quality,) the head unit is I think one of the best out there future proof wise.
Hope this helps
Dave

That looks fantastic!

Pioneer...... (y) :love::p:D(y)
Thanks Mate (y)

·
Registered
2011 Honda CRV EX 2.2 i-dtec Diesel (Manual)
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hi Otto33
All you have mentioned ( I care when I receive a call to be able to answer it and rhen hang up Also lower the volume and swap through stations.)
I can still do with this unit granted when I receive a call or hang up I now have to use head unit touch screen instead of steering wheel controls, But for when I want to make a call I use iPhone voice activation, but the for the rest volume up/down, swap though stations, swap input source i.e. iPod, CD, D.A.B. Phone, Car Play etc I can still do with steering wheel controls
hope this helps
Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts