Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I installed HID Bi-Xenon 55W bulbs with the control wire in my 2014 Honda CR-V. The bulbs work fine and there is no buzzing as long as I have the light switch on in the car. If I switch the lights off from inside the car, the lights don't turn off and the control wire relay starts buzzing. The only way to turn off the lights is to shut off the car completely.

Does anybody know what could be wrong? I tried capacitors and that didn't help. The company that I bought the bulbs from is telling me to buy inline load resistors, but I am not sure how that would help. The lights are not flickering. They just won't turn off. I also checked the vehicle headlight connection with a multi-meter to confirm that the current drops when I turn the lights off from inside the car. So does anybody have any suggestions on what could be wrong?

Thanks,
John M.

·
Registered
6 Posts
^^THIS ^^

HID in halogen reflectors is not only illegal, but the output is absolute CRAP, not to mention incredibly dangerous glare for those of us unlucky enough to share the road with those vehicles.

Leave HIDs in halogen reflectors for the Civic crowd, please.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts