Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

181 - 200 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
So here's the "secret" menu access I was trying to find - credit goes to the guys showing how to keep HDMI mirroring going while driving. I got this access on a 2015 EX-L with navigation.

Menu Access: Press and hold Power+Home+Eject simultaneously to get this screen (display will open due to Eject, so hit that again to close).

Menu 1.jpg

Selecting Detail Information & Setting gives this menu.

Menu 2.jpg

I haven't gone any deeper. Mess around at your own risk but my understanding is changes made here do not survive power off.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you are parked (standing still) and you put it into N and then press the power button it will turn off the engine but leave the radio on. Can't remember if you need to have the foot on the brake or not. The only downside is that to turn ON the engine again, it will turn off/on the radio and also if you want to turn off the car completely you need to hit the Power button twice to do so.
Once you go to N and press power button, what happens if you then go to P? Does the radio still stay on?

·
Registered
30 Posts
My '05 had a pocket in that vicinity that was very useful. I was very pleased to find a pocket on my '17. My gas credit card lives there.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I know its been a while - One of those soft plastic Coin Holder with chain, like you see at checkouts in old fashion hardware stores. I keep a supply of parking meter quarters in it.
Tube of lip balm.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
You are correct, its a new CR-V and I did receive the CD.
2018 - got the CD. but only had 2 warranty files on it. quite disappointed. did download from Honda owners website, but prefer hard copy.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I keep my chap stick there. :eek:
too funny. I didn't think anyone else would. LOL I put a tube of the sav (sp?) type due to the heat here.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Just saw this... so I changed the title to make it more generic. :rolleyes:
can you make it a "sticky post"? i think this thread can be helpful to all, but can easily be lost or missed.

Reactions: Smarty

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just found this out yesterday. Using the handles located along the top of either end of the rear bench, there are 3 positions you can put the seats. One is obviously folded forward all the way for more cargo area. But you can also lock it in the upright position (i.e., 90 degrees to the seat) and you can also lock it at a slightly reclined position (i.e., maybe 110 degrees to the seat).
I was re-reading this thread, and somehow overlooked this one. Will have to try this someday.

Great thread. I have had the CRV a week and have found these two gems.

1. If you want to sit with the car running, at night, you can turn off the day time running lamps ( so the lights don't shine in a window, etc) by setting the Emergency brake.

2. There are extra defroster wires on the rear window right where the wiper sits to make sure it stays free from ice. Very crafty, Honda. Very crafty.
Most vehicles with DRLs, you can disable the DRLs by setting the BRAKE down one or two clicks.

Great thread - I'm learning a lot.

I've had my CRV 10 days and discovered by switching the mirror adjust switch to the passenger side mirror, when placing the car in reverse the passenger mirror automatically tilts down to provide better curb side vision during the maneuver.

Not so much hidden, as it is the manual, more lost in the weeds; but certainly a gem!
I have 2015 CRV Touring model and it does not work ' Reverse Tilt Door Mirror '. I checked Honda manual and it does not mention that at all. I'm sure this will apply for Europe model and not for USA model. Any one can confirm that? Thanks.
I have never found this feature on my EX-L.

Sunroof is one touch close like the front windows. IDKT!
My EX-L does NOT do that, have to hold the switch in the 'CLOSE' position.

With my 16 EX-L, the headlights come on automatically when the wipers are in use and that is useful as it is required by law in Virginia. However, yesterday, I found out that the headlights must be in the auto position for it to work. If the headlights are turned off, the feature does not work.
:cool:

I have an EX-L, and mine has yet to do that in the rain. I didnt see anything in the owners manual about that. I know there is a feature available (Touring model?) on the widshield wipers called automatic intermittent wipers, where there is a rainfall sensor that adjusts the speed of the intermittent wipers. I suppose such a sensor could theoretically open the door locks as well. But again, I didn't see it in the manual.
I'll have to try to recreate that situation again but i swore it unlocked itself for me when it was dumping rain; no one else was with me and i highly doubt my car can see that i had a bag of pastries in my hands. I hardly ever use the buttons on the keyless fob and mainly rely on the button on the outside of my door handle to lock it and to place my hand behind the exterior handle to unlock it.
I've never noticed that before, but I do know that putting your hand on one of the front door handles, or under the liftgate handle, will unlock the vehicle.

I love the blue led map light in the 07 to 09's.
You should be able to change out the bulbs.

New here -- what a great thread!

I stumbled upon a YouTube video showing how to get to the rear-view camera anytime, not just in Reverse.

On the steering wheel:
1: Tap Menu
2: Press and hold Menu & Source for 5 seconds
3: A new menu appears - select Camera

Viola!
Please don't watch it while you're driving -- very unsafe! (But passengers can feel free to :))
Personally, I'd like to be able to engage the rear camera, whenever I felt like it. Looking at adding a switch somewhere, a lot like the 'LANE WATCH'.

If you are parked (standing still) and you put it into N and then press the power button it will turn off the engine but leave the radio on. Can't remember if you need to have the foot on the brake or not. The only downside is that to turn ON the engine again, it will turn off/on the radio and also if you want to turn off the car completely you need to hit the Power button twice to do so.
I'll have to give this one a try, too.

Did you know, that with 'LANE WATCH,' you can turn the camera on, whenever you wanted? You can also turn it off, as soon as you turn on the right turn signal. When I'm going down a two-lane road, as soon as I hit the right turn signal, I press the button on the end to turn the camera off. Sometimes, the lights off the vehicles behind me are too bright, coming thru the camera and off the display, that I have to turn off the camera when I'm changing lanes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Middle Console - Tray -- Just found this today on Amazon and seems like a nice little add-on to this compartment:

Search Amazon for : Kust cw1905w Car Armrest Storage Box,Tool Organizer fit for Honda 2015 2016 CRV,Pack of 1 Piece Black Small Parts Organizer Box Central Console Armrest

61JWc3B6ZEL._SL1000_.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
I traded in my 2005 CR-V for a 2015 CR-V EX-L. The 2005 had plenty of life left in it, but it was getting to be a "What's going to break next" ordeal. I bought my new one (to me) last Saturday. My wife and daughter took it on a trip this week to visit some friends in Florida.
Reading thru this thread, I've found lots of tricks and tips that I plan to test when they get back.

I ordered a towing kit from e-trailer - plan to install it this weekend. If anyone has done the wiring kit, I'm curious how you've run the connector. E-Trailer shows it coiled up in the spare tire area - I'd like to get it accessible outside the vehicle at all times... the kit I bought has a spot for a connector mount.
I also ordered the tray for the center console.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I ordered a towing kit from e-trailer - plan to install it this weekend. If anyone has done the wiring kit, I'm curious how you've run the connector. E-Trailer shows it coiled up in the spare tire area - I'd like to get it accessible outside the vehicle at all times... the kit I bought has a spot for a connector mount. I also ordered the tray for the center console.
i suggest starting a new post w/a title to clarify your need.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Telescoping steering wheel - I was watching a review on the 2015 Honda CR-V and they mentioned it.

Flip the lever that unlocks the steering wheel for adjustment up and down... PULL the steering wheel toward you and it will extend several inches.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had two phones connected today via BT. Son's phone to music and mine as a phone.had a tough crosstown route that I found easily on google, sometimes it's better than built in. Google instructions interrupts music easily.
just curious how you got two phones to connect at the same time. My 2016 only connects one at a time to BT.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My personal hidden gems are the little hooks in the trunk that I clip a bungee cord around and ensure that all the baby stuff I've got (just had my first child) won't fall on top of my pup! Love it! Also those little rope pockets in the trunk, I shove so much extemporaneous crap in there when loading up they become a sweet catch all for random stuff!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Found some new posts to comment on, that I didn't notice the last two or three times reading through this thread.

Lot of technology to avoid simply pressing a button after refueling. Odd Honda can expend energy on this but not to be able to set one phone as "primary" for Bluetooth (which would actually be of some value).
I totally agree and will add that I've become quite frustrated with Honda's audio technology. We have a 2015 EXL AWD and it randomly (frequently, too) displays a prompt asking if we want to connect to bluetooth. Our phones are paired but often times, bluetooth is turned off. We just don't need them linked all the time. Does anyone know how to disable the prompt? Kind of related - the head unit interface has the graphics quality of a Nintendo 64.. Kids tablets have a better display/interface.
On the models with numbers on their remotes ("Driver 1," & "Driver 2"), it would be great if you could have the BT settings set to automatically connect that driver's phone.

"Did anybody noticed the while in intermittent mode the wipers start a pass every time you release the brakes?"

I thought there was something off about the intermittent in mine. Now I know better. Thanks Hawk600!
Never noticed.

Don't have a hidden gem but am wondering if there's a way to set up a 2015 EX where the radio does not turn off when the ignition button is turned off, rather, the radio turns off after the ignition is turned off AND the door(driver's) is opened.
Both the '15 Silverado (I had, :( ) and the '18 Silverado (that I currently have) do this for 10 minutes after shutoff the engine, or until you open the driver's door, whichever happens first.

did the tonneau cover only come on the higher end models,.....I got a LX AWD and didnt get one?
Better question, do the lower models have the notches for the tonneau covers?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Middle Console - Tray -- Just found this today on Amazon and seems like a nice little add-on to this compartment:

Search Amazon for : Kust cw1905w Car Armrest Storage Box,Tool Organizer fit for Honda 2015 2016 CRV,Pack of 1 Piece Black Small Parts Organizer Box Central Console Armrest

View attachment 114106
My amazon search cant turn up anything do you have a link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,067 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
181 - 200 of 216 Posts