Registered
1,067 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the same little pocket in my old car. I would put my various gate access cards there or my apartments gate remote. It was convenient. I no longer have the gate cards and my remote is too large for this little cubby area, so I'm also curious about what others may store there.

One gem I've discovered is the second button under the handle on the rear hatch. I knew about the larger button to open the hatch, but I didn't know about the second smaller button to the right of that that will lock the vehicle. I would usually walk around to the front doors and push that button or I would use the key fob. It helps to read the manual it would seem, ;)
I like this button too, very helpful when you aren’t going back in the car. I also set up the walk away lock.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I listen to music on a flash drive in one of the USB ports. When I get home sometimes a song is on that I want to keep listing to until it is over, but I also do not want to waste gasoline to keep the engine running. Normally if you turn off the engine the stereo also turns off. However if you only use the parking brake to hold the car from moving, and put the vehicle in N or just leave it in drive (do not put it in P) and shut off the engine, you will hear 2 short beeps, but the music will keep playing until you put it in P

·
Registered
26 Posts
AMen, I did the steps you posted to get the rear camera to come up. I get a white/gray screen with the normal lines on it that you get with the rear camera, but it will not show anything in that white/gray field. I left it on while I was moving and when I drove into an area with darker lighting it got darker, and when I drove into an area with more light it got lighter. But it will not show images of the vehicle behind me. Just white/gray.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I watched the YouTube video about how to use those buttons to turn on the rear view mirror, and used the upper (page) button to switch the modes of the camera view, and it still did not work. All I get is a white/gray picture with the yellow lines on it. I wonder if any other United States owners of 2016 CR-V EX models have the same problem, or it it works for them? In other words it my problem with the design of the vehicle, or a fault specific to only my vehicle?

Are there any other U.S. owners of a 2016 CR-V EX on this site, and if so does the activation of the rear view camera when you are NOT in reverse, from the buttons on the left side of the steering wheel work for you?

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L FWD
282 Posts
Have you physically looked at the rear camera lens, maybe it has a leaf/ debris stuck to it? Or maybe its' detached from its holder.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
8,775 Posts
Perhaps @JimPghPA a previous owner taped or painted-over the camera?

You know, so that the government couldn't tell where they had been! ;) 😁

(Just kidding, of course...)

·
Premium Member
2018 EX-L fwd
499 Posts
Glasses holder fix.

At all times, you can keep your eye glasses cool by adjusting the holder. Don't close it all the way, but only to where you can use the mirror to check the second row of seats. If you leave it all the way down, your glasses can fall out while driving. Closing it all the way makes what ever is inside almost as hot as the outside surface.

·
Registered
2000 Honda CR-V EX
10 Posts
Got a 2000 a gen 1 and 3 hidden gems I think are the drawer to put stuff in under the passenger seat, the second is the fact that the rear seat backs position is adjustable for the occupants and the middle has the fold down arm rest. And finally is the picnic table that Honda thought of is a nifty feature.

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L FWD
282 Posts
Got a 2000 a gen 1 and 3 hidden gems I think are the drawer to put stuff in under the passenger seat, the second is the fact that the rear seat backs position is adjustable for the occupants and the middle has the fold down arm rest. And finally is the picnic table that Honda thought of is a nifty feature.
It's been several generations since the underseat drawers and picnic tables have been included. So far back that I'd forgotten about them (on my long ago 98 CRV - also in dark green).

·
Registered
26 Posts
The rear camera works fine when I select R for reverse on the shifter. It is when I am in D or P that I can not get it to work with the buttons on the left of the steering wheel.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just wanted to give a shout out to jimbob15 for posting this console tray armrest tray. I bought one of these trays and it fits perfectly and arrived within just one week to me. A perfect way to organize smaller things like gum, headphones, eye glasses wipe, lip balm, etc.

201 - 216 of 216 Posts