Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got a 2016 touring 2wd crv. I am wanting to add an Samlex 120watt pure sine wave invertor and panel outlet so that my wife can easily plug in and use her computer to work from the car on long trips.

I have done this mod in our larger van/rv and it worked great but with the limited space in the crv I'm wondering if anybody has any ideas on a good place to mount the inverter so that it won't eat up storage space? I'm thinking somewhere under the center counsel? It's a pretty slim rectangular unit so it seems I should be able to slide it in somewhere.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hard to say not knowing the size, but I can tell you my alpine subwoofer amp is under my driver seat with zero problems. Probably about 1.5" height and maybe 8"W x 9"L. The way you do this is cut the carpet to just fit the inverter, but there's also foam beneath that you cut out completely which is fairly thick and why the amp fits. I don't think it'll work under the passenger seat as you probably have a subwoofer there, my EX doesn't.

Hope that helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts